Problem using a prepend to send it with a particular trunk with freepbx 2.8

ghurty

Reaction score
With the old freepbx it was easy to have special outbound routing if the user added a special prefix.
EX: 99|NXXNXXXXXX

However with the new freepbx 2.8, I have 99 in the prepend list, and put NXXNXXXXXX in the match pattern section, however, it does not strip off the 99, and I get, your call can not be completed.

Any help?

Thanks

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
That is the goofiest thing FPBX 2.8 did -- I want my box back.

I don't think you want Prepend -- I think you need PREFIX [middle box] as I read it its like this:

(prepend - add to the number)+Prefix-Strip from numer|Dial Plan.

I think if they wanted to keep these separate then reverse the boxes as the Stripped usually comes first as in 481|1+NXXNXXXXXX
Strip the 481 Prefix|Prepend the 1 to the Dial Pattern.

Give us our straight box back please :confused:

Pooh-Bah

Reaction score
Are you sure you want to prepend something, and not prefix it?

Prepend is added to whatever is dialed.

Prefix is matched (to prefix and match pattern) and stripped.

Mouseover ""Dial Patterns that will use this Route" in an outbound route for instructions.

mainenotarynet

Reaction score
@Pooh-Bah:

That is what the OP is trying to figure out, if you re-read the OP he says the Old way was 99|2345678902 where the 99 would be stripped before send.

He says that he put it in the prepend box which is why I suggested the prefix box myself.

mouseover "Dial Patterns that will use this Route" in an outbound route for instructions.
This gives you instructions but not examples or even a conversion from the old way to this.

I still say give us our 1 box back -- simple and to the point.

ghurty

Reaction score
You were right, you are supposed to enter it into the prefix box.

I took prepend to mean that if you prepend "X" digit to the number, it will go through that way. In the old freepbx, I do not think there was a way of adding a digit in the outbound route, rather you did it in the trunk settings.

Thanks

mainenotarynet

Reaction score
Not exactly ghurty, the old way would have looked like this:

482|1+NXXNXXXXXX
written out 482 PIPE 1 Plus NXXNXXXXXX

anything before the PIPE was Stripped off before sending to the trunk between Pipe and Plus was added before sending. This is why I said that if they wanted to keep the separate boxes to reverse prepend and prefix as then the old patten in 2.6 < would be about right.

Why they split the Dial patterns into these 4 separate fields is beyond me (maybe to add the callerID field but the way that looks the old way may have been done thus:

482|1+NXXNXXXXXX/2076781234

but what do I know - I'm a noob.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.