Privacy Manager asks for CID but doesn't check Blacklist

marv

Reaction score
I noticed today when I enabled Privacy Manager on my Inbound Routes that after the caller entered their CID that the CID was not checked with the Blacklist and allowed through. I only searched a little bit for the answer to this particular problem. But I didn't really see anything. I was wondering if anyone else had some insight on this.:confused5:

Hat

Guru
Reaction score
This is a FreePBX issue...I think

I had the same question some time ago. I posted a question on the FPBX site, but did not get any response. It appears that when a call comes in, FPBX does the Blacklist check first, then everything else. This behavior does not change if you set Privacy Manager on the inbound route. Would be nice to be able to set when the Blacklist check happens if Privacy Manager is checked. I guess this is not that big of an issue.:crazy:

Tom

Bart

Reaction score
I checked the code and sure enough privacy manager come after blacklist. If I were you I'd add this freepbx bug manager. However, you maybe able to add macro-privacy-mgr to the app-blacklist-check-custom or add app-blacklist-check to macro-privacy-mgr. I have not tried this, but it should work

Bart

marv

Reaction score
I opened a bug report with FreePBX. We shall see what's up :eek:

marv

Reaction score
Here's the update to my attempt to have this corrected. The ticket was closed with this response:

"This is not a bug. The call flow for Inbound Routes are:
Blacklist check against CID
Cidlookup
Privacy manager for calls without CID

Closing this as invalid"

I guess one could argue differently. Luckily we can come up with other solutions and work-a-rounds since they disagree. :D

jmullinix

Guru
Reaction score
I have to say, if I were to call, enter my CID and then you hungup and I really wanted to talk to you, I would just call back and enter another CID.

I guess what I am saying here is, in this case, the blacklist would be working on the honor system.

Bart

Reaction score
OK, not a bug, but feature change given the call flow. To me blacklist should be last in the list.

Bart

marv

Reaction score
I guess this might be where it would be nice to have a whitelist feature and pass people in your phonebook on through and shoot the others to a few fake rings and then to voicemail. But making sure to append the CID with a P or something to let you know how the digits came about. Something to think about when I get bored again... :D

Reaction score
This is a FreePBX implementation discussion and brings up some other interesting points like the fact that cidlookup comes before privacy manager which many would argue is clearly a 'bug.'

Since this is very much a FreePBX implementation change, lets discuss this over on FreePBX.org:

freepbx.org/forum/freepbx/development/privacy-mgr-does-not-check-against-blacklist

in the interim, I believe that Mike reopened the bug and changed it to a feature request. The above thread will be an excellent place to determine what the best flow would be, and if there is any down side to making the requested change.

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
I feel that I have found a better solution then using the Privacy Manager feature. Not sure which provider your using, but I have been using Vitelity and this is how I have my PIAF set up to take care of the anonymous/unavailable calls. Vitelity anonymous/unavailable calls display "0000000000" through caller id. Just do an inbound route for this caller id (0000000000) and route it to an announcement that says "were sorry but the party you have reached does not accept calls from blocked or unavailable numbers, please disable your call blocking feature and try your call again." Therefore they are forced to use caller id to complete their call, and if they are in the your blacklist they wont get through. I think this is way better then having them enter their number through privacy manager, especially since they can enter whatever number they want. Just my two cents!

marv

Reaction score
Check out my two cents worth... oh wait, .5 cents due to the economy

I finally got some free time and posted a response... if you get a chance, go check it out and chime in on it... Personally, I think my response was a good idea! :D But then again, I think all of them are... (unless I've been drinking. Lol) :lol:

Bart

Reaction score
This is what I use due to the city selling my business license info to the world - this stop most telemarketers. It can be adjusted the handle other number types. Also, checks blacklist DB file and has a secret extension '1' to transfer friends directly.

This is pasted in to extensions-custom, setup custom destinations and then point your incoming to it. Of course you'll need to adjust for your dial plan accordingly.

Code:
[mydirectline]

exten => _X.,1,Noop()
exten => _X.,n,Set(CDR(src)= ${CALLERID(number):-10})
exten => _X.,n,Set(CDR(dst)=${IVR-Exten})
exten => _X.,n,Set(GREET=/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/silence/3)
exten => _X.,n,Set(__DIR-CONTEXT=default)
exten => _X.,n,Set(_IVR_CONTEXT_${CONTEXT}=${IVR_CONTEXT})
exten => _X.,n,Set(_IVR_CONTEXT=${CONTEXT})

exten => _X.,n,GotoIf($["${CALLERID(number)}"="0000000000"]?acr,1); Block these
exten => _X.,n,GotoIf($["${CALLERID(number)}"="Unknown"]?acr,1)   ; Block these

exten => _X.,n,GoSub(app-blacklist-check,s,1)    ; Check FreePBX BlackList
exten => _X.,n,Answer(1)

exten => _X.,n,Set(TIMEOUT(digit)=1)
exten => _X.,n,Set(TIMEOUT(response)=1)
exten => _X.,n,Set(__IVR_RETVM=)
exten => _X.,n,Verbose(1,INNOVATIVE COMMUNICATIONS [${CALLERID(number)}] [${CALLERID(name)}])

exten => _X.,n,GotoIf($["${CALLERID(number):0:3}"="800"]?DoVoiceMail,1); send to voice mail toll free callers
exten => _X.,n,GotoIf($["${CALLERID(number):0:3}"="866"]?DoVoiceMail,1); " "
exten => _X.,n,GotoIf($["${CALLERID(number):0:3}"="877"]?DoVoiceMail,1); " "
exten => _X.,n,GotoIf($["${CALLERID(number):0:3}"="888"]?DoVoiceMail,1); " "
exten => _X.,n,GotoIf($["${CALLERID(number)}"="2319473760"]?DoVoiceMail,1); and this guy

exten => _X.,n,Background(${GREET}) ; play 3 seconds silence - let it time-out
exten => _X.,n,WaitExten(,)

exten => t,1,dbDel(${BLKVM_OVERRIDE})
exten => t,n,Set(__NODEST=)
exten => t,n,Goto(ext-group,601,1) ; transfer to my ring group

exten => h,1,Hangup

exten => DoVoiceMail,1,Verbose(1,INNOVATIVE COMMUNICATIONS - Sending Caller to voice Mail)
exten => DoVoiceMail,n,Wait(2)
exten => DoVoiceMail,n,Voicemail(5408@default|sug(6)); send to junk caller VM
exten => DoVoiceMail,n,hangup

exten => acr,1,Verbose(1,INNOVATIVE COMMUNICATIONS - PLAYING ACR MESSAGE)
exten => acr,n,Playback(custom/acr,noanswer); "the party you are calling does not accept blocked numbers. Please...."
exten => acr,n,hangup

Bart

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.