FOOD FOR THOUGHT PRI T1 Freepbx configuration

rick

Reaction score
Setting up a new T1 on 1.8 purple with dahdi drivers installed. In freepbx, setup a dahdi trunk which is now identified as g0. If I wanted to setup different channels within the T1, would I just rename the current trunk to 1 and add more dahdi trunks and id them a 2,3,4,5...23 to individualize them to route different channels to different extensions or what?
The other question is how do I want my T1 delivered from the phone company? with rollover? other options?

thanks

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
You can setup specific channels and assign them to a group. Channels are identified as individual numbers (1, 2, 3, ...) Groups are designated with the prefix g or G. Little g starts using available channels in ascending order (1,2,3..) Big G starts using channels in descending order (23,22,21...). Group 0 is the default config and you can use either g0 (all channels in ascending order) or G0 (all channels in descending order). You can break it up into multiple groups: ex. 1-12 for group 0 and 13-23 for group 1 or however you like.

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
You have one T1 trunk and multiple routes; inbound and outbound. You can route using a group or a channel number. You would have to create Zap DID numbers for individual channels and inbound route using the DID. You would create an outbound rule to send to the trunk (group or channel).

felterbush

Reaction score
You have one T1 trunk and multiple routes; inbound and outbound. You can route using a group or a channel number. You would have to create Zap DID numbers for individual channels and inbound route using the DID. You would create an outbound rule to send to the trunk (group or channel).

I know this is an old thread but i have the same config.
i have three groups of people that want to go out and come in as three different numbers but share the pool of 23 channels. is there a good way of setting this up?
Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.