FOOD FOR THOUGHT post installation checklist

Brianmac

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone have a post install checklist to go over with customer? This is after PBX is up and running and all phones are working. Not directions, just a checklist so as not to forget the basics.

E.G;
voicemail setup(accessing, changing,etc)
IVR greeting setup
company directory
follow me
etc....

Robert-BCC

Rank amateur
Reaction score
Not directions, just a checklist so as not to forget the basics
I'm confused. You just want to show them a list of things but not leave them with any instructions? My preference is to document the procedures users and admins will need to perform various actions. For example, I have a PowerPoint presentation for new phone users and yesterday I wrote up a five page Word Doc with screenshots and instructions entitled "How to add/change a telephone user." You should also document backup/recovery procedures, support instructions, etc.

Brianmac

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the reply!
No this is for me, to go over with customer, not for the customer. I just installed a system(my first), but theres things that keep needing to be addresses. the most recent, IVR for holidays.... Unless I can checklist all scenarios(within reason), it will be an ongoing thing(I have been keeping a checklist so far). The customer is a close friend and its a start-up, so it didn't need to be working 100% on day one. I just want to get to the point where I can hand it over and then when changes need to be made(new/fired employees), I can respond(remotely). i have search but have not found a general checklist, thats what I was looking for.

Thanks,
Brian

Robert-BCC

Rank amateur
Reaction score
It might be helpful to publish the actual checklist you have created, to spark people's imaginations.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.