QUESTION Polycom VVX series phones

edisoninfo

Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone used these? I am looking at the VVX 410 and 310 models. There will be a mixture of these two models for a total of 60 phones. I purchased one of each to play with and not getting very far. I can log into the phone's GUI and configure it and get it to register fine, but that is no way to setup 60 phones. Also, I have not figured out how to get the various functions like:

a Park button
an Intercom button
Intercom to work at all. phone just rings like a normal call
Voicemail button shows correct number of messages but does not access them
etc.
etc.
etc.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Hate the polycom's. To hard to configure. Do the work with the commercial EPM? Maybe that's a way to go.

MrBostn

Guru
Reaction score
EPM. I fought with a Polycom (not your model) for two weeks before I understood what config files were needed and what they did.

Brian Simmons

Reaction score
I too would highly recommend the commercial endpoint manager. It certainly would be worth the $39 they are charging now for a system that big.

Edit - I should note that our office tested a VVX300, but ultimately decided to go with the Yealink T46G phones. Side by side, the VVX couldn't come close to competing with the Yealink in features, usability, and aesthetics. Given that the Yealink is $25 more than the VVX310 and about $25 less than the VVX400, they just don't give you the same value as the Yealink either.

dudbug

Reaction score
I use VVX500s in our office and the call quality is great. Granted, I didn't need intercom or parking, but for me the call quality was the key.

moodinsk

Reaction score
All I use is the Polycom VVX 400/410 in my installs nowadays. I use the OSS endpoint manager to configure them with custom templates. I tried the commercial EPM, and gave up on it as it was too confusing.

Polycoms are a bitch to learn, but once you get them down, they are amazing phones.

TS-79

Reaction score
Would anyone be willing to share a custom oss endpoint manager template for vvx 410? Or provide any insight into the configuration files which are needed. I'm facing a deployment tomorrow where we will need to use custom templates and OSS.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.