DEAL Pogoplug POGO-V4-A1-01 $4.99 After Rebate

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Tempting because of the silly-low price. But I already have the Pogo Mobile that is running my I-PBX like a champ. And I have the Dockstar that it replaced. And I have the 2 cloud Linux server instances. And I have the PBXes.org instance. And the many, many netbooks, laptops, desktops and towers...

<must ... resist>

Jay Deal

Phhhhhhhhttttttt :)
Reaction score
If you don't need another PBX device (I sure as heck don't :rolleyes:), both the V4 Mobile and Pro on sale make a nice Shairport (i.e. Apple Airport) music player emulator with the addition of a cheap $8 USB sound card. You can also load Squeezelite as a music player for a Logitech Media Server which you can also run on either version of the 'Plug. I really think the Shairport emulator is cool, you can play music to it via your LAN from either Itunes or an "I" device like Iphone or Ipad. Connection is seamless as it automatically appears as an option in Itunes or on your phone. I followed these guides on the Pro model but I am sure they would work on the V4: http://drewlustro.com/hi-fi-audio-via-airplay-on-raspberry-pi/ and http://www.gerrelt.nl/RaspberryPi/wordpress/tutorial-installing-squeezelite-player-on-raspbian/ and http://support.logitech.com/article/17011 .

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Yeah, but in addition to the list above I also have an Apple Airport. :)

Jay Deal

Phhhhhhhhttttttt :)
Reaction score
Yeah, but in addition to the list above I also have an Apple Airport. :)

How do you know when you have too many gadgets?...........When you start having to label their wall warts (guilty as charged).

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
How do you know when you have too many gadgets?...........When you start having to label their wall warts (guilty as charged).

Ditto. Isn't that why the P-Touch was created in the first place? *sigh*

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Take Allison's Demo IVR for a spin:
BxW4_OfIYAAhyN6.jpg:large

1. Call by Name (just say “American Airlines” to try it out)
  2. Conference Call (enter 1234# to join the conference)
  3. Wolfram Alpha (try this: “What planes are overhead?”)
  4. Lenny (the Telemarketers’ Worst Nightmare)
  5. Yahoo News Headlines
  6. Weather Forecasts (say a city and state or country)
  7. Today in History
  8. Ring the House Phones (sends you back to Lenny)

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
So I bought one of these "because I can" and will add it to the two RPi's sitting in a box <g>.
I'm using a PC to run my system because I have an internal Digium Card with EC.
The rebate is in the form of a $10 Amex Gift Card.
Ordered on March 28th and arrived today - April 1.

I may configure it and ship it to a friend along with a Mitel phone.

Let's see if I can get the rebate through on the first time after scanning all my docs. It seems whenever I get rejected and say "OK, I have my docs scanned as a pdf" they just automagically change my status - seems like a rigged game to me.

For $6 + a stamp net how can I go wrong buying one of these.

Andrew

bonelifer

Reaction score
Thanks jrglass. When they had a similar deal before, I missed it by about a week.

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
For what it's worth and as a follow up, my rebate claims to be 'processed' and now I'm in for a 5-7 week wait. I'll probably get the rebate before I plug in the device <g>.

Andrew

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.