FOOD FOR THOUGHT PJSIP & SIP & Trunking

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Question (Using latest incrediblepbx) / observations - is this correct?

Defaults are SIP on 5061, PJSIP on 5060, 701 is on PJSIP, as is Lenny.

How are most carriers dealing with PJSIP ? On my attempt, I found that inbound calls were not showing the proper inbound route and showed some much longer name. When I however changed SIP to be on 5060, then it came in properly.

Should I use most items with SIP on 5060 as in old, and just have whatever extensions I want to login via 5061 on PJSIP or is there a method to have the carriers send calls to 5060 on PJSIP so that they look as they always have in SIP?

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
I keep chan_sip on 5060 and chan_pjsip on 5061. I haven't tried PJSIP on a trunk yet.

Every time I try PJSIP, there always seems to be some sort of issue that is a deal breaker. Sometimes it's something tweak-able, sometimes not.

ksDevGuy

Guru
Reaction score
Ditto.

PJSIP seems to be getting closer but still has some issues (no BLF support for Grandstream & SNOM - i.e. no RFC4235 support as of Asterisk 13.6 anyway). Swapped the defaults back to 5060 for CHAN_SIP and 5061 for PJSIP, then "amportal restart" of course and everything works perfectly. Hopefully in the next 6 months to a year PJSIP will become more mature and we can switch over to the newer more efficient stack.

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Swapped the defaults back to 5060 for CHAN_SIP and 5061 for PJSIP, then "amportal restart" of course and everything works perfectly.
As in, in the GUI, (in my case Asterisk 13/IncrediblePBX GUI 12) going to the SIP settings and undoing 5061 and replacing that with the historically usual 5060, and then going to the PJSIP settings and undoing 5060 and replacing that with 5061?

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
Ditto.

PJSIP seems to be getting closer but still has some issues (no BLF support for Grandstream & SNOM - i.e. no RFC4235 support as of Asterisk 13.6 anyway). Swapped the defaults back to 5060 for CHAN_SIP and 5061 for PJSIP, then "amportal restart" of course and everything works perfectly. Hopefully in the next 6 months to a year PJSIP will become more mature and we can switch over to the newer more efficient stack.
Yeah, the lack of BLF for Grandstream is a killer for us.

Everyone should report these issues to Grandstream or Snom or whoever. They already know about it, but generating a little polite noise can't hurt.

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
As in, in the GUI, (in my case Asterisk 13/IncrediblePBX GUI 12) going to the SIP settings and undoing 5061 and replacing that with the historically usual 5060, and then going to the PJSIP settings and undoing 5060 and replacing that with 5061?
Yes (at least in my case).

smarks

Guru
Reaction score
Ditto.

They fixed a bunch of PJSIP things in v13.6. I haven't had any PJSIP problems since upgrading but I'm not a heavy user and don't use many features beyond the basics. Don't use BLF so that's not a problem for me.

Last edited:

ksDevGuy

Guru
Reaction score
Yes. Just edit each changing the port & save/reload.

smarks

Guru
Reaction score
I use PJSIP and SIP simultaneously. Works fine. Can call between the two as well. Just can't have them listening on the same port.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.