TIPS Choose which trunk to dial out on

jlcar

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am using PBX in a Flash, freepbx 2.10.1.9, asterisk 1.8.23.0, 32bit (the latest download)

I have a setup question that I have not been able to resolve. I might not know the correct search terms to use because I don't think it should be too hard to do what I want to do.

I have 2 trunks both work outgoing and incoming. (flowroute, voipms)
I have 4 extensions
I want to be able to choose flowroute from any extension in the house by dialing 9, and then voipms when dialing out normally.
The 9 is not important, it can be anything that might make more sense.
I think I need 3 outbound routes, 1 for the 9 that will send it to flowroute the second outbound route and then third outbound route for voipms.

I'm pretty sure I am just confused with dialed number manipulation rules in the trunks and dial patterns in the outbound routes.

Thanks,

Jeff

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Then you just need two outbound routes. First one you put a prefix of 9 (so the outbound 9 is stripped before passing it to flowroute), then 1NXXNXXXXXX in the dial pattern, and make sure this is at the top of the outbound route list on the right in freepbx. Second one you put 1NXXNXXXXXX in the field (and 011. if you want international calls to work). If you want 10 digit dialing to work add 1 in the prepend field on a second line. If you're going to support 911 put that at the very top of the outbound route list at the top.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ejrubin
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.