PIONEERS: Incredible PBX 2.9

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
For those using the new 32-bit PIAF 2 ISO with FreePBX 2.9, we have a working version of Incredible PBX for you to try with the usual warnings.

[youtube]84a05V5YxP4[/youtube]

Prerequisites:

1. 32-bit PIAF 2 ISO
  2. PIAF-Purple (aka Asterisk 1.8)
  3. FreePBX 2.9 only!

Install instructions:

1. Perform standard PIAF 2 install with PIAF-Purple and FreePBX 2.9
  2. Log into your server as root
  3. Download Incredible PBX 2.9: wget http://incrediblepbx.com/incrediblepbx29.x
  4. Make Incredible PBX installer executable: chmod +x incrediblepbx29.x
  5. Run Incredible PBX 2.9 installer: ./incrediblepbx29.x
  6. Type in your piaf-master password for FreePBX and CallerID Superfecta
  7. Restart Asterisk after adding Google Voice credentials in FreePBX: amportal restart
  8. RTFM

pioneer.gif

imekul

Reaction score
I hope this is an appropriate place to ask this question. If not, please bear with me. :)

I have just followed the guide on installing Incredible PBX 2.0 over at http://nerdvittles.com/?p=764#comment-58496.

I'm wondering if there's any particular reason to (or NOT to) upgrade from FreePBX 2.8 to 2.9, considering this setup.

Furthermore, I'm not yet familiar with the differences between 2.8 and 2.9. I only know that the latest and greatest is always appealing, but not necessarily always smart to be on the bleeding edge. :)

So I'm wondering, what's advisable? Is it smart to stay with 2.8 if I'm using Incredible PBX 2.0? Or is it safe to go ahead and go through the upgrade process using the 2.9 Upgrade Tool?

Thanks!

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
If you have Incredible V2, stay at 2.8. And this is sort of the right place to ask. If you were doing a new install, this is what you would run.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.