BUG piaf3 not installing

theo69

Reaction score
Hi guys

Just tried the piaf3 install script on centos 6.5 minimum install. All goes well until the point of "going to reboot now, be ready for the new piaf 3" or something along those lines. After the reboot it just ends up on the prompt - it doesn't proceed to install anything?

Any pointers here?

Cheers

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
What does the install log in /var/log/install*.log show??

theo69

Reaction score
Hi Ward there is no such log (which I am guessing is part of the issue?

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
check /usr/local/shin and list the files there. if none the pre installer did not run correctly

theo69

Reaction score
Hi

Checked usr/local/sbin - it's empty so clearly it didn't run correctly. However, I have tried this 3 times from scratch and keep on coming up with the same result. The preinstaller does appear to do its thing, installs the prerequisites and confirms it's all done and will wow me with the all new piaf3 after rebooting - but that's where it ends. I have used this a few times before without any issues on the same minimal install but presumably with a slightly older version of the installer as that was a month or 3 ago....

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Sounds like your network connectivity may be missing.

theo69

Reaction score
Hi Ward

No - it does all the downloading and installation of the prerequisites when you run the script, and I naturally was able to download the actual piafinstall script so that's all working?

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
But if you see nothing in the /usr/local/sbin then it *IS NOT* doing it's job I am afraid.

While you may not want to hear this I ran the pre installer last night on a Centos 6.5 minimum install and it worked fine. PIAF then went on to be installed. Are you on a real machine or virtual and if virtual what type

beyond that I am stumped.

theo69

Reaction score
Hi
Agreed, it's not doing its job. It just doesn't seem to indicate in any way that it's not - it happily thinks it is and then doesn't continue.

This is on a vm, running on proxmox. Using the exact same Centos minimal install on the same host machine 3 months ago worked fine. I should have that installer on the machines I installed then - let me try and see if it works with that one?

theo69

Reaction score
hmm that also didn't work. The only difference is that the previous ones are on a logical volume and this one was done "the piaf way". Does that information elicit an "aha" moment?

theo69

Reaction score
ok this thing runs past so quickly and then reboots that I never noticed this towards the end:

Error: Package: systemtap-devel-2.5-5.el6.x86_64 (base)
Requires: kernel-devel
You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
Updating the environment
Updating the environment... Almost Done!
./piaf3-install: line 269: /usr/sbin/ntpdate: No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `/usr/src/piafxtras/preinstallmenu/piafxtras-menu': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `/usr/local/sbin/piafxtras-menu': No such file or directory
error: package readahead is not installed
./piaf3-install: line 309: /usr/local/sbin/newparadigm.sh: No such file or directory
sed: can't read /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf: No such file or directory
./piaf3-install: line 312: pear: command not found
./piaf3-install: line 313: pear: command not found

howardsl2

Guru
Reaction score
theo69 Solutionssquad.com
Can you please try the step-by-step tutorial in my signature and see if it works? It installs PIAF 2.0.6.5 using the official ISO. I re-tested it yesterday and it is working fine for me.

If running under proxmox, you must use KVM (VM) instead of OpenVZ (CT). Otherwise you will have problems installing the kernel-devel package.

Solutionssquad.com

Reaction score
theo69 Solutionssquad.com
Can you please try the step-by-step tutorial in my signature and see if it works? It installs PIAF 2.0.6.5 using the official ISO. I re-tested it yesterday and it is working fine for me.

If running under proxmox, you must use KVM (VM) instead of OpenVZ (CT). Otherwise you will have problems installing the kernel-devel package.

Sadly, I'm limited to OpenVZ (which is oddly where I have always run PBIAF).

Solutionssquad.com

Reaction score
Not trying to hijack the thread but am I SOL?
It's worked before so I don't know what I'm doing wrong now.

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
can you run the yum install kernel* prior to even trying to run the piaf3 preinstaller? If you cannot install the kernel-devel packages on your machine prior to trying to install PIAF then it is an OS/Hardware problem unique to your situation.

Tom

bravonoj

Reaction score
Hi there all - I am running into the same issue; following along with the instructions, all seems to go well, I start the PIAF 3 installer, it goes to reboot, when it reboots, it just sits at a prompt. Same thing as above - no install log, and /usr/sbin is empty. I have just run yum install kernel* and see if that changes things, but I am wondering now if I should try and re-download/re-burn the ISO image?

Any other suggestions? This is on dedicated physical hardware sitting on my bench now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.