PIAF2 Bug Reports/Fixes

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
pbxinaflash2.png

If you're trying out the PIAF2 Beta with CentOS 6 and happen to encounter a bug, please post a message in this thread with as many details as possible. Thanks.

turkeyfree.jpg

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
I am gratified to see few bug reports! Either that or no one is using the new stuff!

freepbx seems to have taken to php 5.3 with few errors which have been corrected upstream

Work on the 64bit progresses. We now have an iso to boots and installs everything however none of our payloads work with with 64bit centos 6.0 we have a solution and we are typing as fast as we can.

If you are waiting for this ISO consider donation some cash to our cause! I know sounds like pledge week on your local PBS station but....... we have enough machines but hosting fees are coming up among others so some cash would be a good thing. We know times are tough and all of the dev team guys are feeling the pinch also. Heck if we could make $5 per system we could work at this full time......

PM me if you can help...

(BTW we just got our first new workstation today and are just waiting for the other workstation and new server to arrive!)

Thanks to all

Tom

hqu

Guru
Reaction score
Hello
On a fresh install on vmware the main menu of PIAF2 was empty:
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/245/piaf01.jpg
I could access the FreePBX admin by
http://ip-address/admin
I also noticed that Dahdi option in FreePBX menu was blank too.
My solution to both problems was to edit /etc/php.ini file setting :
short_open_tag=On
found on this site : http://www.tomjepson.co.uk/tutorials/35/enabling-short-tags-in-php.html

=========================================================

WM: Thank you for finding this. Here are the two simple commands to run to patch your system quickly:

sed -i 's|short_open_tag = Off|short_open_tag = On|' /etc/php.ini
service httpd restart

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
I can confirm this seems to work! Thanks a bunch. I think we will add this to the install program until the new updated menu is available

Tom

paulnye

Guru
Reaction score
Tried to install PIAF2 beta..

Ive tried to install on 3 different PCs but found the following problems:
1. When you get to the prompts for 'advanced settings' and 'which freepbx ver', and the 'time to change passwords' it seems it doesnt recognize me hitting ENTER, or hitting '1' or 'a' for the choices, or when I hit the down arrow to change selection of Asterisk version. What seems to help is when I wait 30 seconds each time to make a selection.
2. After a certain point in the install the screen seems to freeze with everything blank but a white bar at the bottom saying 'centos 6'. It just sits there forever.
I am extremely patient. Is it something I am doing wrong?

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
This is a known problem with centos 6. DO NOT USE THE LEFT AND RIGHT ARROW KEYS AT ALL! THE UP AND DOWN ARROW KEY SHOULD WORK FINE. This is an upstream "improvement" by RH and neyond the control of PIAF. I keep hoping that there will be a fix for this sometime soon.

Are you using hardware or virtualized systems. I have only seen the problem with the freezing on virtualized systems.

Also if the screen blanks out DO NOT USE THE ARROW KEYS to get it back. Tap the spacebar just once!

We have also heard that Centos 6 will not run on certain types of hardware reliably without some hacks. As it has been from the beginning PBX in a Flash will NOT run on every hardware system ever made. The current version of Centos also requires beefier hardware and more memory. I now recommend a minimum of 4 gbs of memory and a minimum of 80 gb hd space for small installs. You also need a modern processor preferably dual core. Atoms running 32bit Centos seem OK but I suspect this will change. You want 64 bit dont run an atom. But hey I just write this stuff.

Tom

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Hi

I've just looked at the latest PBX in a Flash beta ISO - it's enormous at 1.79Gb

I have reduced the size to 624Mb by removing the packages not installed during the initial ISO installation, using the techniques described at http://nerdvittles.com/?p=655 which should make the ISO a tad more bandwidth cap friendly.

The key to only including the packages you need on the ISO is the command "yum list installed" which is provided by the yum-utils package.

I've attached the annotated script, which I hope you can use to bring the ISO back down to CD size.

I've made a copy of the resultant ISO, PM me if you want the download link to test.

Joe

Attachments

• create-compact-centos-iso.txt
    17.7 KB · Views: 24

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the effort. I suppose the BETA tag for the ISO was confusing. I have stated in my previous posts that this was not the final size nor the final ISO. Rather this was the one that compiled without errors and we got it out the door so people could get it in their hands. We have already created a paired down version which will be the final ISO's and they are smaller. They won't be released until PIAF moves out of beta.

regards

Tom

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Error in pbx-menu
Code:
pbx-menu: -c: line 119: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
pbx-menu: -c: line 119: `    Status2'
root@pbx:~ $

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
damn one more thing.... Thanks am on it. Going to shut down till monday shortly

Tom

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
fixed will take a while to update in piaf space. You can get it shortly by doing update-programs -d

Sometime in the next hour it will be uploaded. Also since I have had some much feedback on incredible fax 2 (sarcasm) I have moved it to the pbx-menu program so perhaps someone will test it.

Tom

Gotenks

Reaction score
2x separate v2 PiaF installs w/ Incredible PBX and running blacklist app. Noticed in iptables (using webmin) port 5060 is TCP. Changed to UDP from webmin.

Graham_UK

Reaction score
As is script not extracting Freepbx version due to sed referencing wrong line in modules.xml (see attached file). I've done a simple fix but a more robust solution would be to search for the version tag. I'm not that familiar with 'sed' but will have a look when I get a chance unless someone else already knows how.

Apologies if I've not posted correctly - this is my first post - Also couldn't submit post in IE9 so had to use Firefox

Attachments

• incredible.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 8

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for your submission. This is used in incredible backup 1.0 and is no longer used in the new incredible backup 2.0. We now use a completely different solution. Incredible-backup 2.0 will be out in a while however it is designed only for PBX in a Flash 2.0.6.x

Tom

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Hi Graham,
Thanks for the tip. Here's the problem. The FreePBX Dev Team changed the contents of module.xml somewhere between FreePBX 2.7 and FreePBX 2.9. So... what used to be on line 4 is now on line 7 in FreePBX 2.9. Incredible Backup 1.0 was designed for use on systems running FreePBX 2.5., 2.6, and 2.7.

As Tom noted, we'll have a new release shortly for PIAF2 systems running FreePBX 2.8, 2.9, and 2.10. It deciphers the FreePBX version in a different way. But thanks for the heads up!!

Graham_UK

Reaction score
Thanks for that. I'll try the new version once it's available.

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Converting my Home PIAF to 2.0.6.2 today from 1.7.5.6 and I noticed a Typo in the installer.
Install-Purple Step 3 *if* 4 where you select the FreePBX should be 3 *of* 4. Not anything major - but something to possibly change in the next revision.
Also: I accidentally picked FreePBX 2.8 not 2.9 and didn't notice it until the confirmation screen where it lists what you picked for time zone, etc. Could a method be implemented there to make a change if you picked the wrong one? It may be there and I just missed it.

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
How about after selection, a summary page is displayed to confirm before committing?

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
already is at the end with a confirmation page which lists your choices and if you want you can go back and reselect things

Tom

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahee
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.