1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you had a PIAF Forum account in the vBulletin days, log in with your old credentials. Otherwise, sign up again and we'll get you back in business as soon as we can.
  3. A serious FreePBX vulnerability has been reported. Update your Framework Module immediately. Click here for details.

PIAF Purple Asterisk Calendar Functions with Exchange

Discussion in 'Wish List' started by Sacrilego, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Sacrilego Member

I couldn't help but notice that I can't use the calendar functions when using Exchange 2007 EWS.

"calendar show calendars" is blank

I noticed that the version of neon is 0.25, 0.29 is needed for Exchange EWS support.

So I can only guess that support or exchange 2007 does not get built.

Or am I missing something obvious?
  2. Sacrilego Member

Seems like I responded to my own question :crazy:

Yea, there are missing dependencies to build res_calendar_ews and support for other calendars.

Now to play with the new release :lol:
  3. Sacrilego Member

Got it working now.

I had to install from source the latest neon with ssl support and libical.

Had some issues along the way with neon not compiling with ssl support at first.

Once I figured that out, it was just a matter of going through make clean, configure, makemenu, make and make install for asterisk.

Now I see all calendar modules loaded, and with that, my test calendar on exchange 2007 shows busy on asterisk as it should be. :thumbsup:

Now for some questions:
    I still consider myself a noob when it comes to Linux, but with enough knowledge to be dangerous, so if I made any mistakes, please point them out.

I read in another thread that asterisk-addons and flite need to be recompiled after recompiling asterisk, is that still the case?

Is there any chance of adding the missing dependencies to add full calendar support in PIAF Purple in the near future?

I would love to come up with a script to do it, but like I said before, I'm a noob and I'm not sure at this moment if it breaks anything else.
  4. wardmundy Nerd Uno

Write down the commands you used and pass them along. We'll take a look. THANKS!
  5. Sacrilego Member

I'm redoing it from scratch to be sure. I had to wrestle a lot with neon to add ssl support.

I'm taking notes this time around. I'll post the commands shortly
  6. Sacrilego Member

Fresh from iso 1.7.5.5 32 bit before running the incredible pbx installer.
    Here are my steps:

Code:
    amportal stop

cd /usr/src 
    wget http://downloads.sourceforge.net/freeassociation/libical-0.44.tar.gz 
    tar -xf libical-0.44.tar.gz 
    cd libical-0.44 
    ./configure --prefix=/usr 
    make 
    make install

cd /usr/src
    wget http://www.webdav.org/neon/neon-0.29.5.tar.gz
    tar -xf neon-0.29.5.tar.gz
    cd neon-0.29.5
    ./configure --prefix=/usr --with-ssl
    make
    make install

cd ../asterisk
    make clean
    ./configure
    make 
    make install

amportal start

I used libical 0.44 instead of latest 0.46 because it is missing some autotools bootstrapped files, there's an open ticket for it.

The latest neon 0.29.5 did no give me any issues compiling with ssl, I dunno why it was such a hassle last time.

I get a warning at the end of recompiling asterisk about app_flite.so module.
    I havn't had any issues with it though.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  7. Sacrilego Member

Still working fine with 1.8.1.
    I'm just having fun figuring out the posibilities with the calendar :D
  8. matthew74 Guru

Thank You Thank You Thank You

Thank you so much for posting what was the missing link for me in order to get Asterisk Calendaring to work.

I've written an article that will be available on/after March 8, 2011 at this URL (i'm leaving myself time to proofread - it will say permission denied before that date) and referenced this thread. I hope the info that I include will help others for an "all-in-one" location to get asterisk calendaring working.

http://www.mpwita.com/content/asterisk-calendaring-technically-minded
  9. drmurdoch Member

10. peivoip Member

What can be done with this ?

Can it be use for booking meetings and setup a conference/meetme and send an invite ?

Where could I find more details about the features of this tool ?

Thanks
  11. matthew74 Guru

Yes, Yes, Previous posts list some links to good information about what it can be used for.
  12. matthew74 Guru

From that page, I have used all except organizer, attendees, and to some degree busystate (i've used CALENDAR_BUSY, but haven't directly queried since Google calendar doesn't seem to have a tentative status)

I'm writing another article for my website at www.mpwita.com that will post on Tuesday, March 22, 2011 about how I used this to set up an "automated" special events menu. I spent about 25-30 hours developing it, so hope it will answer a lot of questions, and hoping others will give me feedback on it as well.

I too have lots of questions about this, and have discovered some by accident. I've shared a lot of other info I found in link i listed above.