GO HERE PIAF on Beaglebone black: where to start?

bobkoure

Reaction score
I expect there's a how-to around here somewhere, but I just can't seem to find it. Ward's post about it and the RasPi seem to indicate that there's a version of IncrediblePI for it. But I can't find that either.
Is there a thread someone could point me to?
Thinking about upgrading from my current RasPi, which has been great but the web UI is painfully slow.
Thanks!

bobkoure

Reaction score
Hmmm...
I can pick up a Dell FX160 (SFF atom box) on eBay for less than a new BBB.
It'll cost me an extra $20/year in power but then I'm running standard PIAF.
Given the original developer's gone quiescent* maybe that makes better sense?

*not a criticism; I'm amazed people find time in their lives to do this stuff at all.

truematic

Reaction score
Came across this post in my new journey with pbx, asterisk, freepbx, piaf, and finally incrediblepbx - all in two days!

First, thank you wardmundy for the nice headstart to the project. The date that articles are originally published and updated are listed at the bottom of the posts on his site.

I first followed the post wardmundy posted above, but I believe the hangup for a new user maybe that resizing the drive in preparation for the larger new incrediblepbx11 image no longer works with raspi-config - and install hangs without enough space(this may have been the "broken" reference in the previous post).
  1. Don't think you can do this on a 2GB emmc BBB anymore(mine is rev. A5A - it's been sitting for awhile)
  2. I used a 16gb microsd
Steps I took:
  1. Since IncrediblePBX11 requires Raspbian7(debian), I wrote Bone Debian Wheezy 7.8 to microSD card with imagewriter
    1. https://rcn-ee.net/rootfs/2015-02-19/debian-7.8-console-armhf-2015-02-19.tar.xz
  2. Manually increased partition size
    1. http://elinux.org/RPi_Resize_Flash_Partitions#Manually_resizing_the_SD_card_using_a_GUI_on_Linux
  3. Used wardmundy's script to install IncrediblePBX11 from step 3.
    1. http://nerdvittles.com/?p=12233
  4. Incrediblefax11 was missing from root - once I reran the previous script again, it showed up
Looking good so far, now just trying to learn the asterisk GUI, which on cursory glance is much larger than FreePBX.

Let me know if I did anything bone headed on my beagle bone and wish you luck!

truematic

Reaction score
Sorry, I was trying to post some images of status and gui, but having problems uploading imgur image.
7wCdUM2.png

p6Dzhkb.png

Any help?

Edited: Got it figured out. Thanks.

truematic

Reaction score

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.