NO JOY Pi taking over SIP trunks from other PBX's

Darryn Shilling

Reaction score
Hello all it been awhile for me.

I have a site where I have 4 phones systems running on the one site. 3 PIAF Green units and 1 Incredible Pi. The 3 Piaf units consist of 1 physical machine and 2 VM's. The pi is in another building on a different subnet fed via a wifi link. every couple of weeks or whenever I make a change to any of the PIAF machines the SIP provided trunks route to the Pi. The router is a mikrotik 493 routerboard and is configured to block subnet routing between the subnet of the pi and the three PIAF machines. I also have a Neorouter server on the same subnet as the PIAF machines. the Pi connects to this as well.

Just shutting down the affected piaf machines doesnt fix the issue I have to power down the entire network and unplug the pi subnet from the router. Then power up the PIAF machines and swithes first. then once they are up and running plug the pi back in.

Its then all happy again for a few more weeks.

I never have any issue with the three PIAF machine on the same subnet.

This is driving me nuts

Any thoughts about what is different on the pi that it is making the network route SIP trunked traffic to it would be greatly appreciated. Ie what have I missed or what can I turn off on the pi.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.