I HAVE A DREAM Phone slam sound effect in FreePBX?

24bit96khz

Reaction score
Okay, I'm a little bit of a weirdo. I like the hold music option in FreePBX and I use it. But I miss the old days of having people hear the slam of the phone when I hang up on my cell phone. It's not as dramatic.

Is there a way to play a phone slam sound whenever I hang up the phone like this one? http://www.pond5.com/sound-effect/23127642/phone-pick-hang-and-slam.html

I'm using PIAF-Ast11-FS-Skype.ova with CSipSimple on my Android device to make all calls currently.

It would be fantastic if I could do this. :biggrin5:

Tiger_Paws

Banned
Reaction score
I thought it would be cool to have a short tone play on mine when
I hang up. Like the old dir assistance operators.

nightstryke

Reaction score
I'm not sure on this, but I don't think this is possible as when you hang up the phone usually it terminates the phone call. Though perhaps you could write a separate script to on hangup play sound and then terminate call.

24bit96khz

Reaction score
Well, I found a quick solution that seems to work. All I do is set the sound file of the phone slamming as hold music. When I say goodbye, I put the person on hold, they hear the slam sound, and then I just hang up normally.

If I were to go full psychopath, I could compile my own version of CSipSimple to make putting someone on hold a one-button sequence instead of the two it currently is.

Although, it would be nice if I could map the sound to play just before it initiates the hang up function.

I'm not the only one who wants this, either. There are several articles about people missing it: http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/futuretense/the-end-of-the-hangup/4632338

nightstryke

Reaction score
While this does work, it has an issue with when you are actually needing to put someone on just hold and not hang up on them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jetest
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.