RECOMMENDATIONS Phone Replacement: With What?

What Phone Provider do you lead with -

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

phonebuff

Guru
Reaction score
Good Morning all,

I have a long time customer with Cisco 7940 / 7960 / 7970 mix of phones (+/- 20 total). They were selected due to the durability of the product at the time and they have survived the heavy and some times abusive use they have gotten in a small accounting firm for more than five years and across a number of Asterisk builds / upgrades.

But Cisco will not be making any additional firmware for these phones, in fact they would not even let me renew my Smartnet for them this year. An we have started to see some issues, most recently it appears one 7960 totally forgot it's provisioning configuration and reverted to a generic DHCP request.

Anyway with replacement in mind I am wondering what others are leading with for heavy use firms like accountants, and if they will standup to time.

==================

hbonath

Guru
Reaction score
Have you looked at the SPA series? I've heard some rumors though that they may be on the chopping block, though I haven't been able to confirm.

phonebuff

Guru
Reaction score
No I have not as the SPA brand belonged with the Linksys name and I think Cisco dumped them when they dumped Linksys -

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.