FYI PEAR Failures Galore

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
install seemed to show no errors, however, blank web, and if
i do amportal restart, I get:

PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'DB.php' (include_path
='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/db_connect
.php on line 3
status shows:

Incredible PBX 12.0.3 for Ubuntu 14

Asterisk: UP Apache: UP MySQL: UP
SendMail: UP IPtables: UP SSH: UP
LAN eth0: DN Fail2Ban: UP Webmin: UP

RAM: "Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS" Disk:

Asterisk 12.7.1 FreePBX 12.0.8

Private IP: 127.0.0.2 XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

Public IP: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

System Time: Wed Nov 26 15:12:50 EST 2014

Help?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
w1ve Yeah, the pear install syntax got "improved." You now need:
Code:
pear uninstall db
pear channel-update pear.php.net
pear install -Z db-1.7.14

All Incredible PBX installers have been fixed. And darmock will address in the PIAF 3 builds shortly.

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving, Ward!

Applied that, now I get:

Always run Incredible PBX behind a hardware-based firewall.
root@realtime:~# amportal restart

Please wait...
FATAL: can not find freepbx_engine to start Asterisk

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
Web UI came up with the red Apply button showing. Pressed it, and got:

Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 127

exit: 127
sh: 1: /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf: not found

1 error(s) occurred, you should view the notification log on the dashboard or main screen to check for more details.

So, what's the best step to continue?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
w1ve Probably need to start with a new Incredible PBX 12 install. Not sure what the FreePBX folks improved, but it hosed existing install images. So I rebuilt the default image with their new stuff, and new installs should work fine other than having to manually disable signature checking in Advanced Settings. Or try updating everything in Module Admin.

Jay Deal

Phhhhhhhhttttttt :)
Reaction score
This hosed the IPBX 11 install as well. I would have to choose last night to start over again.....thanks FreePBX for my pre-Thanksgiving turkey!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Jay Deal Just tested the Thanksgiving Day build of Incredible PBX 11 for CentOS, and it works fine. Then logged out and back in to apply updates. Then downloaded and installed Incredible Fax 11 (http://incrediblepbx.com/incrediblefax11.sh) accepting all defaults. Then rebooted. Reset AvantFax password after logging in as maint:password. Everything works after one more reboot.

Jay Deal

Reaction score
On an Atom (i386) machine - Ok, just installed IPBX 11 on Ubuntu 14.04. With the revised script, pear db error went away and the install went fine. Followed it up with IncredibleFax11. And that hosed the IPBX install.

I give up. It's just turkey's everywhere around here today. :mad2:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
On an Atom (i386) machine - Ok, just installed IPBX 11 on Ubuntu 14.04. With the revised script, pear db error went away and the install went fine. Followed it up with IncredibleFax11. And that hosed the IPBX install.

I give up. It's just turkey's everywhere around here today. :mad2:

Which installer did you use for Incredible Fax??

Jay Deal

Reaction score
I used this one: 'wget --no-check-certificate https://raw.githubusercontent.com/joshnorth/UbuntuPIAF/master/incrediblefax11_ubuntu14.sh'. Downloaded about an hour ago.

I now get this error (same on as this thread referes to: http://pbxinaflash.com/community/index.php?threads/incredible-pbx-12-for-ubuntu-14-04.15926/page-3) ....

Please wait...
PHP Fatal error: Cannot make static method DB::connect() non static in class freepbx_db in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/freepbx_DB.php on line 57

PHP Fatal error: Cannot make static method DB::connect() non static in class freepbx_db in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/freepbx_DB.php on line 57
**** WARNING: ERROR IN CONFIGURATION ****
astrundir in '/etc/asterisk' is set to but the directory
does not exists. Attempting to create it with: 'mkdir -p '

mkdir: missing operand
Try 'mkdir --help' for more information.
**** ERROR: COULD NOT CREATE ****
Attempt to execute 'mkdir -p ' failed with an exit code of 1
You must create this directory and the try again.

Untitled.jpg

What's weird is that you can login to the Avantfax portal and it seems to function normally. And the IPBX update script shows all green after a 'su -'.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I'll alert Josh North, but there are three lines in that script for pear that are probably blowing FreePBX out of the water because of the recent pear update that FreePBX doesn't support:
Code:
#pear upgrade
#gunzip /build/buildd/php5-5.5.9+dfsg/pear-build-download/*.tgz
#pear upgrade /build/buildd/php5-5.5.9+dfsg/pear-build-download/*.tar

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I've put a modified copy with these lines commented out on incrediblepbx.com if anyone wants to try it. THIS IS UNTESTED CODE!

Code:
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/incrediblefax11_ubuntu14.sh

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
Thanks Ward! I'll simply rebuild my machine with the new scripts. Hope you are getting *overtime* for working on Thanksgiving... I just got back from a big fill of turkey and pumpkin pie... ready to sleep for a while... NOT!

I'll rebuild the VPS and try again... I'm sure it will be fine.

howardsl2

Guru
Reaction score
I can confirm this issue when installing from PIAF 2.0.6.5 ISO. The errors were (repeated multiple times):

Code:
Please wait...
PHP Fatal error:  Cannot make static method DB::connect() non static in class freepbx_db in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/freepbx_DB.php on line 57

PHP Fatal error:  Cannot make static method DB::connect() non static in class freepbx_db in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/freepbx_DB.php on line 57
**** WARNING: ERROR IN CONFIGURATION ****
astrundir in '/etc/asterisk' is set to  but the directory
does not exists. Attempting to create it with: 'mkdir -p '

mkdir: missing operand
Try `mkdir --help' for more information.
**** ERROR: COULD NOT CREATE  ****
Attempt to execute 'mkdir -p ' failed with an exit code of 1
You must create this directory and the try again.

After install, Asterisk is "OFFLINE" and web GUI is a blank page. Attempting "amportal start" would give the same error as above.
The two commands suggested by Ward and Jay Deal works fine to fix the problem after install:

Code:
pear uninstall db
(optional) pear channel-update pear.php.net
pear install -Z DB-1.7.14

Then you can do an "amportal restart" and proceed to update all modules in FreePBX's Module Admin.

References: http://community.freepbx.org/t/db-connect-non-static-in-class-freepbx-db/25646
http://community.freepbx.org/t/install-of-freepbx-gives-db-connect-errors/25654

sactobob

Guru
Reaction score
You can't really "fix" this after install easily by just reinstalling the correct pear/DB files, by then the DB is pretty much hosed and apply config won't work (missing files) in the GUI. I've ran a new install twice now from the current files (after -Z option was added to the DB pull) and it runs great with a squeaky-clean running system.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.