GOOD NEWS PBX as a service FREE

vic555

Reaction score
Free PBX as a service.

https://www2.pbxes.com/iptel_virtual-pbx.html

For the small user or Soho this looks pretty good. Apparently can be used with GOOGLE VOICE. Forwarding, 2000 incoming free minutes. 2 channels 5 extenstions.add And some other features as listed. MOH seems to be in the setup menu, but I really don't know if it is intended for the free acct.

Sure this outfit wants you to upgrade to their other services in Germany, but there are plenty of low cost options.

This was on DSL REPORTS awhile back, but I don't remember any comment about stability or capability, so, any comments are welcome.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Take a look at the formerly free Digium products, and you'll better understand why we're reluctant to go down this road without a commitment that the current terms won't change or disappear down the road.

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score
There ain't no such thing as a...
theres-no-such-thing-as-a-free-lunch.jpg

vic555

Reaction score
I posted this to get a discussion; By no means is this an endorsement. This is not for everybody.....

Twilight Sparkle

https://voip.ms/en/invite/MjM2MjQ4
Reaction score
i just joined it looks ok.... the Interface looks just totally not what i am used to ill give it a try someday when i am not lazy

Last edited:

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
???

I've been using/have had the free account on PBXes.org for, literally, years. 5 years? 6 years? This is nothing new.

You used to be able to use Google Voice with the free account, but that hasn't been the case for a long time. I can't recall what level of paid account is required to be able to use GV as a trunk.

PBXes.org is IMHO very reliable. I've used it often while out of the country. 5 trunks; 5 extensions. Zero support. Perfectly fine for what it is. They used to have a Miami colo, but they shot that down quite a while ago. I'm using the New York colo.

I've watched the pricing, and it hasn't really changed in a long time.

Happy to answer questions, but as indicated I've never used the paid service...

Twilight Sparkle

https://voip.ms/en/invite/MjM2MjQ4
Reaction score
how do you setup a google voice account through there system.....
got some steps for me

something tells me i have to put my own.... VOIP acount and then forward google voice to that number & that its not a standalone app like pbx in a flash had

i has Vitelity for calls and link Twillio to that number for SMS cuz its cheaper then Vitelity
this sounds good ill give it a shoot later in time

Last edited:

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
how do you setup a google voice account through there system.....
got some steps for me
I may not be able to help because I only have the free account and they deleted the ability to set up Google Voice as a trunk with the free account. At one point several years ago there was a way to kinda "hack" it in but that loophole closed as well..

So, if you are on the free PBXes account, no, you cannot add GV as a trunk like you can with PIAF.

If you have a =paid= account (not sure which level is required, and they do have several different paid levels) you can add a GV trunk much like you can with PIAF using Motif.

As I noted earlier, I've been using PBXes.org for years, and I rather like it. In particular they support a range on non-standard SIP ports and that has proven handy when WiFi calling from places that do a simple filter to block SIP-over-5060 traffic. No IAX, though. Pitty. I use my Cloud-at-Cost PBX for IAX extensions...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.