SOLVED Patton FXO ATA with legacy analog PBX

davea

Reaction score
Hi all. Just wanted to share a solution I came up with about a problem I had while interfacing a PIAF with an old legacy PBX (Promelit) through a Patton 4FXO (4114).

Problem was that while calls worked fine, lines on patton remained busy forever after hanging up on phones. Problem was a non-standard busy tone played by the legacy PBX that Patton didn't recognize as an actual busy tone. After recording that tone I opened obtained waveform with an audio editing software (audacity) and was able to measure with a milliseconds ruler the length of tones and pauses and also the correct pitch.

Once I had the correct parameters I changed the toneset used in Patton configuration accordingly.
In this case, with a Promelit PBX I had 220 (play) 185 (pause) and 425 (pitch). After that the Patton was able to understand when to hangup and FXO are free again once a call is over.

Hope this will help people with a similar problem.
Bye!

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.