QUESTION Passwords for queues

unsichtbarre

Reaction score
Hi all, I was wondering about the possibility of configuring a password for users (the people dialing in and being queued)to join the queue? I know that the agents can have passwords, but for my purposes I would like to have callers need to enter a password - before a call is routed to my cell phone at 3:00 A.M.! Right now, I use an IVR that has an option '888' that the callers must press to enter the queue. I have my queue configured as extension 888 and that will ring all my lines. Problem is: to change the "password" (888), I have to edit both the queue and the IVR. Any ideas? THX. -J

MGD4me

Guru
Reaction score
Another way of perhaps achieving a similar result, would be to set up an Inbound Route (or, several) to allow those few(?) numbers allowed to reach you at all hours, to bypass the Time Conditions, and arrive at a 'Hotline' IVR. They could then decide to either leave you a message, or press the panic button to call your cell.

unsichtbarre

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I agree, there are several ways to achieve nearly the same result.

My application would be for a research (lab) class that would run in 2-week sessions. Although I actually have no intention of answering calls from students at 3:00 A.M., I was considering the possibility of changing the password between sessions. FOr this purpose, the originating caller ID would not be known.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.