SOLVED Panasonic KX-TGP 550 Phone System

NatGarrison

Reaction score
I have just set up a new PBX Server using an Intel NUC (DN2820FYKH) with 4 GB or RAM and an 80 GB Intel SSD; installed with CentOS 7 and Incredible PBX (Asterisk 13.5.0 with the 12.0.70 Incredible GUI). I have set up a Trunk with Google Voice and Simon Telephonics's gateway. I can't get the Panasonic KX-TGP 550 to connect correctly to my Server. I get the following error messages in the Asterisk Log Files (many more than what I have included here):

[2015-09-07 17:50:05] NOTICE[2627] res_pjsip/pjsip_distributor.c: Request from '<sip:[email protected]>' failed for '192.168.168.15:5060' (callid: [email protected]) - No matching endpoint found
[2015-09-07 17:50:05] NOTICE[2627] res_pjsip/pjsip_distributor.c: Request from '<sip:[email protected]>' failed for '192.168.168.15:5060' (callid: [email protected]) - No matching endpoint found
[2015-09-07 17:50:15] NOTICE[2627] res_pjsip/pjsip_distributor.c: Request from '<sip:[email protected]>' failed for '192.168.168.15:5060' (callid: [email protected]) - No matching endpoint found
[2015-09-07 17:50:15] NOTICE[2627] res_pjsip/pjsip_distributor.c: Request from '<sip:[email protected]>' failed for '192.168.168.15:5060' (callid: [email protected]) - No matching endpoint found

The IP address of my Server is 192.168.168.11 and the KX-TGP 550 is 192.168.168.15. I was a little confused on which type of Extension to pick when creating the Extension for the KX-TGP 550. I have tried both PJSIP and CHAN SIP. Presently I'm using PJSIP. The 0800234e958c is the MAC of the KX-TGP 550, I also used it as its "Line ID" when setting up the SIP settings for Line 1 of the KX-TGP 550. I'm not sure what the long hexadecimal number is that is in front of the @192.168.168.15 in the log file, it keeps changing.

What am I missing and/or doing wrong? I would really appreciate some help. When I get this working with the Google Voice number I would like to port over my existing land line number using Vitelity.

kenn10

Reaction score
I have two of these on two different PIAF systems. I have it set up with an extension for the base and two wireless handsets as separate extensions. I use an extension number on them and not a mac address as you show above. Mine just work with no fuss. I would strongly suggest you remove the extensions and re-add with numbers instead of the mac address.

Remember, on the TGP550, you have to go into its web interface and set up extensions and passwords for each Line/Extension you wish.

NatGarrison

Reaction score
I have two of these on two different PIAF systems. I have it set up with an extension for the base and two wireless handsets as separate extensions. I use an extension number on them and not a mac address as you show above. Mine just work with no fuss. I would strongly suggest you remove the extensions and re-add with numbers instead of the mac address.

Remember, on the TGP550, you have to go into its web interface and set up extensions and passwords for each Line/Extension you wish.

Thanks for the help! I will try what you have suggested. I guess my problem is that I am trying to set up the base station as an extension in PIAF. I'm confused on how to set up the TGP550 in PIAF. What do you do to make the connection in PIAF to the Panasonic base station. From what I've been reading, it seems that I have to add and extension in PIAF for the TGP550. Are you telling me that you don't do that?

I've gone to the web interface of the TGP550 and filled in the "Phone Number" field under "SIP Settings [Line 1]" with an extension number set up in PIAF (a Generic PJSIP Device type extension) and the next field down, "Line ID", the mac of the TGP550. And then all the Server Addresses (4 of them) with the static IP address of my PIAF Server). And finally the "Authentication ID" with also the extension number used for the "Phone Number" field used at the top of the screen, and the "Authentication Password" with the password set in PIAF for the user set up for the extension number.

Can you tell me what you actually need to do in PIAF to make the TGP550 work with it?

NatGarrison

Reaction score
Thanks for the help! I will try what you have suggested. I guess my problem is that I am trying to set up the base station as an extension in PIAF. I'm confused on how to set up the TGP550 in PIAF. What do you do to make the connection in PIAF to the Panasonic base station. From what I've been reading, it seems that I have to add and extension in PIAF for the TGP550. Are you telling me that you don't do that?

I've gone to the web interface of the TGP550 and filled in the "Phone Number" field under "SIP Settings [Line 1]" with an extension number set up in PIAF (a Generic PJSIP Device type extension) and the next field down, "Line ID", the mac of the TGP550. And then all the Server Addresses (4 of them) with the static IP address of my PIAF Server). And finally the "Authentication ID" with also the extension number used for the "Phone Number" field used at the top of the screen, and the "Authentication Password" with the password set in PIAF for the user set up for the extension number.

Can you tell me what you actually need to do in PIAF to make the TGP550 work with it?

It works! I did what you suggested, I got rid of the MAC address used as the "Line ID" in the "SIP Settings [Line 1]" screen in the TGP550 and replaced it with the extension number that is also in the top "Phone Number" field.

Thanks so much for your help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jetest
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.