FOOD FOR THOUGHT Outbound Call Delay in Ringing Mobile Phone

DesertEric

Reaction score
Hello
I have searched the forums (possibly not using the right keywords) trying to find a similar issue. I have an external mobile (verizon) phone setup in one of my ring groups (5555551212#). When the specific option is pressed in the IVR the IP Phones ring immedietly, but I'd say the mobile phone rings only 10 to 20% of the time. I've verified with my DID/Trunk provider I don't have a lack of available channels and I've watched the asterisk cli so see if I can spot a difference when a call routes properly to the mobile and when it drops into space... and I don't see any difference.

Any advice? Other places to look?

Thanks!
Eric

Reaction score
The failure may be at a different level, like at the RTP level (firewall). Try some other numbers and see what happens. You may have to get more into the weeds. Do you know if the mobile rings and you can't hear the ringback or does the phone itself not ring.

DesertEric

Reaction score
Hi
Thanks for the reply. The phone itself does not ring. A firewall would cause intermittent issues like this. When I direct dial the mobile phone the string I see on the cli looks like the same sip/trunk/number... and direct dial always works

Thanks
Eric

Reaction score
So when you "direct dial" you are calling from a local pbx extension? What exactly do you dial when calling "direct"? When you use the IVR is that local too or is that from the outside? Need more detail.

DesertEric

Reaction score
Hello
Thanks for the RTP advise... I find that when the calls work, I get a "probation passed" message and additional lines of text made larger below... and when they fail I don't get the message. Only problem is that its totally random when it happens and does not happen.
== Using SIP RTP TOS bits 184
== Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5
-- Called SIP/vitel-outbound/602xxxxxxx
-- SIP/vitel-outbound-00000043 is making progress passing it to Local/602xxxxxxx@from-internal-00000024;2
-- Local/602xxxxxxx@from-internal-00000024;1 is making progress passing it to Local/1003@from-queue-00000023;2
> 0xb76bd738 -- Probation passed - setting RTP source address to 64.2.xxx.xxx:xxxxx

When it fails it just looks like this

== Using SIP RTP TOS bits 184
== Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5
-- Called SIP/vitel-outbound/602xxxxxxx

This is my first PBX setup and I'm still very new to the whole thing, so my apologies in advance if I'm asking a stupid question or missing something obvious

Thanks
eric

Reaction score
May be a NAT issue or trunk config issue. Debugging can determine whats happening with the rtp streams but its complicated. Check in this forum or on google for"directmedia" or in older version "canreinvite" in the trunk config you have set up for vitelity

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahee
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.