SUGGESTIONS OSS ENDpoint Manager - may I add support for Yealink T21?

grzmrc

Reaction score
Hi,
OSS EPM works geat with my yealink t20, but now I have some T21 to setup.
The new Yealink T21 are not supported in OSS EPM. Is there a way to add support for T21?
thanks in advance

CoinTos

Reaction score
Do both your t20 and t21's using the v72 firmware?

It's easy to replaced current $mac config with one compatible with v72 I have done that. I am a little confused currently with the struct for creating a module (something like t2x-v72) as yealink have unified the phones and changed everything now. So my current solution for my t28 v72 is to have oss epm create the $mac file and I placed the Common.cfg (replaces y0000000000$suffix.cfg) in my tftpboot/ folder. You will have to manual edit Common.cfg for now though. So far my phone has not exploded but I would wait and see what other say if this is a production machine as I am just playing with mine at home.

Attachments

• Yealink T2XP v72.zip
    14.7 KB · Views: 6

grzmrc

Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestion. I'm a little bit worry about testing this solution in production environment. I have a lot of t20/t21 and only one t28. My idea is to try this solution on t28 before deploy on the whole phones.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Would be prudent to forward this to tm1000 and let him integrate it into the existing build.

CoinTos

Reaction score
I also misread the yealink provisioning guide and forgot to update this post. The Common.cfg is not actually 1 file for all, you still have to create y0...0x.cfg and place the contents of the common.cfg in there. So for my test I have just replaced both in mac.cfg and y00.00x.cfg in oos ep with these files, edited them to my liking and it provisions without issue but I still don't feel comfortable saying I would play with it in production.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.