QUESTION OSS Endpoint manager and LG-NORTEL phones

Spike

Reaction score
Dear all,

first off thanks to everybody who has and is contributing to PIAF and this forum, it's been an incredible resource as I learned my way around a PBX.

I'm volunteering for a small non profit, trying to set up a phone system for them, and they have a large batch of these LG-NORTEL phones:

6804n https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100104967

this model has been discontinued in 2007 and there's barely anything on the internet about them, but I managed to find an admin guide with a simple config and eventually got them working with Asterisk. This however is a pretty manual process involving creating config files named after the MAC in the t*f*t*p directory, etc, I'm sure you know the process.

I've looked at ways to automate this and there seems to be a plugin for FreePBX called OSS Endpoint Manager, but it doesn't have a template for this type of phone. I looked at provisioner.net on github, but I couldn't really figure out how I'm supposed to add something so that I can manage everything from the EM.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

thank you,

Spike

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
The developer of the module now works for Sangoma and has no further interest in supporting the code.

Spike

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply Ward. So what is a PIAF user supposed to do to provision his phones if they aren't supported by the OSS EM? is there an alternative? or do people just buy hardware that is known to be supported/do something manually like I was doing?

thanks,
Spike

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.