I HAVE A DREAM On-Call Third-Party CallFlow Controller... Thing...?

pshaww

Reaction score
Ok. The title is uber-ambiguous. Here's the actual stuff:

We want to set up on-call schedules like below. And let it sit on automagical goodness. I'm staring at time groups which we heavily use for after hours IVR's, etc, and am not finding what I'd really be looking for.

The schedule:

Tech 1 is primary and tech 2 is secondary over a give week as pre-determined in Outlook.
Tech 2 is primary and tech 3 is secondary over the next given week in Outlook, etc.
^^^ And this can all be scheduled over the course of the next 3 - 6 months.

Without having to create/recreate time conditions for those schedules every 3 - 6 months, does anybody know of a calendar app or 3rd party AMI-connected utility that can automate this as connected to Outlook (or whatever - like Google Cal).

We would have ring groups set up for each set of primary and secondary technicians' extensions and their respective cell/home numbers. We would then create one call flow control for each set of tech ring groups to switch between 'normal' call flow (as during business hours), and then the 'override' to that respective ring group.

We have an implementation of the manual form of the above using multiple nested CFC's and the first one that is activated becomes that after hours flow. This leaves a lot of room for error if the person toggling the after hours isn't careful.

My dream is that a 3rd party AMI-connected plugin could switch between which CFC to use automagically without requiring a tech to press the call flow button to decide which CFC to use.
In searching online, I found forum posts mentioning static time-conditions or call flow controls that are binary, but we need something that can handle a more dynamic on call schedule that becomes easy to control with a user interface. If something like this doesn't already exist, perhaps we'll need to look at funding a project to make this possible.
I'm curious to hear what your thoughts are on something this.

james

Guru
Reaction score
I have a calander module about 40% written. Res_calander does do some really cool stuff. It is my hope that all time based features go to it someeday (not an official statement)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abuhyder
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.