QUESTION OBI100 off-hook auto-dial

fizadmin

Guru
Reaction score
I already saw the other thread here:

http://pbxinaflash.com/community/index.php?threads/voip-door-intercoms.13589/

So, I know this is possible (well, I hope so), but I basically need idiot-proof directions on how to achieve this - basically:

- I have an OBI-100 hooked up to a Bogen ADP-1.
- I have an extension configured as regular SIP for extension 505 to be the doorbell.
- the goal is to have the ADP-1/OBI-100 automatically dial RingGroup 600 (which is basically 'ring all') whenever it goes off-hook (i.e. whenever the doorbell button is pressed, which takes it off-hook.

That's it. I've been digging around for this for the past 4-5 hours, and while there are various pages that address portions of this, or the above link with a happy implementor, none include the aforementioned idiot-proof directions.

Can someone help me out here?

Pretty please?

fizadmin

Guru
Reaction score
OK, partial success - Thanks, Ross, for the initial pointer.

I can now call the Obi100 (and thus the door 'phone') from any extension. While nice, this has little utility.

It also appears to be attempting to do something when I press the doorbell and take it off-hook (or 'ring down') - whereas I went from "no route configured" to "No Service Configured Error, Please log into ObiTalk.Com and Configure your device", which I'm now trying to troubleshoot (adding a delay as was instructed doesn't seem to help).

So, back to the eternal question - any ideas?

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
This is for a 110, not a 100, but perhaps related:
From DSLReports:
Solved!

The parameter : Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine was set to PSTN line by default. Just had to set it to SP1 and everything is working now.

fizadmin

Guru
Reaction score
It's registered nicely, though on the FreePBX/PIAF side. Now if only we could figure out how to make it go the other way...

fizadmin

Guru
Reaction score
SOLVED! It's working.

Here's the configuration that I found works with the OBI100 hooked up to a PIAF system (I configured SP1 as the sole Asterisk port):

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > DigitMap:
DigitMap: (<:600>)
OutboundCallRoute: {([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

(OutboundCallRoute is the default - digit map, replace '600' with your extension, I am using a RingGroup, obviously)

Service Providers > ITSP Profile A > SIP
Set all ProxyServers to the IP of your PIAF server

Voice Services > SP1 Service > SIP Credentials
Configure the SIP credentials of the extension you have set up. The URI is EXT@server_IP

EXT = extension of the OBI100
server_IP = the IP of your server

That did it.

EndeavorPBX

Reaction score
Sorry it took me so long to come across this thread.

I'm doing exactly the same thing and have had it working for some time. The Bogen doorphone is a great device and very reasonably priced. I only had to change the digit map as you did. Note that, the last time I checked, there was an Obi bug that required that the number to be dialed be at least 3 digits long.

For added security, I suggest the following:

1. Change the context of your Obi extension from "from-internal" to "from-trunk"
2. Create an inbound route for a fictional DID, such as 212555121212, that routes calls to the desired Ring Group.
3. Configure your Obi to hotdial that fictional DID, i.e. DigitMap: (<:212555121212>).

This will ensure that if someone rips out your Bogen doorphone and hooks up a test set, the only numbers that they can dial are numbers mapped to inbound routes on your system, and they won't be able to place any outbound calls that might cost you money.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.