│ FreePBX Version = 2.9.0.14 │
│ Running Asterisk Version = 1.8.22.0 │
│ Asterisk Source Version = 1.8.22.0 │
│ Dahdi Source Version = 2.6.2 │
│ Libpri Source Version = 1.4.12 │
│ IP Address = <local_ip_address> on eth0 │
│ Operating System = CentOS release 6.2 (Final) │
│ Kernel Version = 2.6.32-220.13.1.el6.i686 - 32 Bit

I remember a couple of years ago someone posted about this but I'll be darned if I can find it now.

I have a remote Aastra 6753i phone connected to my pbx that comes up with "No Service" and when the person tries to make a call, it tries to use the digits as the last three digits of an internal IP address. For example, if the person tries to dial extension 12, the screen displays "Dialing 10.0.2.12".

I have the remote phone set up to fetch its settings from an ftp site and that is working. I tested it by changing the Display Line 1 value in the .cfg file on the ftp site and the new value appeared on the phone when the phone was rebooted.

So the phone can get to the outside world.

I have another remote Aastra 6753i phone that works fine and I copied the cfg file settings from it and and just changed the username and password (extension and secret). But the same cfg file (with new extension/secret settings) will not make a connection.

I had the person put a softphone on their local PC and hook the PC up downstream of the Aastra (through the pass-through ethernet port on the Aastra) and, using the same settings, the softphone was able to connect to my pbx and make calls. So the firewall settings are allowing that location through.

Any ideas?

The remote phone is in California, so I was wondering about timeouts or something, but since the softphone can connect, I figured that was not likely it, but wanted to bring it up in case.

The fact that the phone is trying to convert the dialing string to an IP address did remind me of a long-ago posting, but like I said, I cannot find it now so cannot do much with that knowledge.

Hopefully someone out there with more knowledge than me has an idea ... ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.