NO JOY No MWI for Voicemail messages

edlentz

Reaction score
I think this is an "agnostic" type of problem. I have a customer with an updated Freepbx installation. the Asterisk version is 1.8 and the Freepbx is Version 2.12. The system modules and the core are all up to date. We sent it to them version 2.11 and we just updated everything a couple of days ago hoping to fix this issue.

Here goes...

New voicemail messages are not lighting message lights. Going to show hints in the cli does not show a change for the hint. I have captured the traffic and there is a notify message that is sent, but it sends a messages-waiting no instead of messages-waiting yes. In the Voicemail Admin it does not show that there are messages in the voicemail boxes at all. Using Vmail to Email works perfectly. The system is set for Extensions not Devices and Users. The voicemail setting in the extension is ext#@device. If we dial into the voicemail we can get the voicemails with no problem. The original *97 was changed in the GUI to 923 and that works.

I have looked and looked and I am sure there must be something in the dial plan to do this but I cannot find it. Has this cropped up before?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

synack

Guru
Reaction score
At the bottom of advanced settings is "create Voicemail hints" enabled?

edlentz

Reaction score
Been there. Turned it off and then on again. The hint is generated but not updated. Frustrating. thanks for the tip tho.

edlentz

Reaction score
I found that Asterisk 11 has it working, once I installed that version all is well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.