SOLVED No GUI on Raspberry after latest module update

progs_00

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm reporting this just in case someone happens to stumble upon it (and get a heart attack as I did :shocked: )
After updating my modules (I recall being them 2 but don't recall which) I go ahead and click update. A few seconds later no gui, no nothing. Just blank. I restart asterisk, reboot, try a different browser but to no avail. Just blank. From terminal I try to list my modules and I get this
PHP Fatal error: Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed; If you would like to pass argument by reference, modify the declaration of logfiles_highlight_asterisk(). in /var/www/html/admin/modules/logfiles/functions.inc.php on line 133
I tried a few other stuff but the error was always the same so I decided to check inside
/var/www/html/admin/modules/logfiles/functions.inc.php on line 133
The code is this
PHP:
$l = logfiles_highlight_asterisk(htmlentities($l, ENT_NOQUOTES),&$channels);
The moment I commented it out everything worked once again but once I put it back in everything breaks. For now I'll leave it like that, but if someone has any details on what is happening here, by all means say

Bye

Edit: A couple of minutes after I posted the above I checked better and I saw that this seems like a bug since a deprecated call-by-reference is used. The correct code should be this
PHP:
 $l = logfiles_highlight_asterisk(htmlentities($l, ENT_NOQUOTES),$channels);

progs_00

Reaction score
Hi, tm1000. Thanks for posting the correct fix. To avoid any kind of misunderstanding, those who have applied my fix can simply update the logfile module without any further change or need to revert back (the fix is not wrong, it's just incomplete)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.