TRY THIS No Audio when Forwarding to an external number

Jeff Dodge

Reaction score
I think this is an Asterisk problem (or possible NAT router issue) but I figured I'd try posting the problem here and see if I could get some pointers in the right direction.

I'd like to forward calls to an incoming DID to an external number (cellphone)

I first tried to do this with a *72<external number>, then by setting an extension "799" that dials the external number <NPANXXXXXX> and setting that as the destination (also tried putting in a ring group), or by putting the external number followed by a # in the destination for the route.

All seem to give the same result -- the external phone rings -- the call appears to complete when the phone is answered, but there's no audio in either direction -- dead air on both phones.

If I dial the extension (that forwards to an external number) from an internal line the call completes normally. All outgoing calls complete normally. I've tried this on a FreePBX distro: FreePBX 12.0.74 (schmz distro?), a IncrediblePBX GUI on Centos 6, and even (my first contact with the problem) a Grandstream UCM-6102. I've tried it at two different locations with different routers and ISPs. I'm guessing I'm missing something on this, but can't quite figure out what. Any ideas?

Thanks,

- Jeff

BTW - I had tested this before and could have sworn it worked flawlessly on the FreePBX system, but after it failed on the Grandstream at another location, I tried it on my FreePBX system and it failed, not sure whether it stopped working or I am mis-remembering.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Have you looked at one of the recent Nerd Vittles tutorials. Try the steps outlined in: Troubleshooting Audio and DTMF Problems

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.