SOLVED No Audio Both Ways

dfiel

Reaction score
Hello PBXinaFlash Community!

Yesterday, I moved my PBX from my old office to my new office across town. I updated my IP Address with my Trunk Provider (Anveo) and everything seemed fine. Until I tried to make a call. :eek:

I called from my cell phone (Sprint) and my IP Phone rang. When I picked up, I heard my voice one way, but not the other. I did the one-way audio fix, signing up for a free dynamic hostname from NoIP. When I tried to make the call, it was even worse. No audio both ways.

Anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks,
Dave

ko0xp05
ko0xp05.png

Attachments

• PBXinaFlash Status.PNG
    PBXinaFlash Status.PNG
    17.3 KB · Views: 4

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score
dfiel

What are your settings in FreePBX under Settings -> Asterisk SIP Settings -> NAT Settings?

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score
dfiel / Dave,

Since you're on a dynamic IP, have you verified that your host-name resolves to the currently-assigned IP address from your ISP? Check it at the PBX and from another system. Typically, one-way audio is due to Asterisk sending the RTP audio to a wrong or non-existent network.

If the above matches, but still doesn't work, try changing over to "Static IP" using your dynamic IP and see if it works that way or not. You may need to enable RTP debug which will show you which networks your RTP stream is trying to pass audio to.

dfiel

Reaction score
randy7376

There were the same results with Static IP selected. The dynamic address is updated by the PBX itself, so It should be up to date. I checked with noip to be sure, and it was.

I decided to call my ISP (Comcast) and they reset my gateway and disabled the firewall. Now I get one-way audio!:)

I peeked at the Asterisk SIP Settings, and everything looks alright. Im running update-fixes right now, and will tell if that fixs anything.

Dave

dfiel

Reaction score
lgaetz

Im using a NETGEAR WNR2000v2. I port forwarded 5060 to 5070, and 10000 to 20000. Both TCP and UDP. Ive looked through the settings, and I haven't found SIP ALG or anything SIP related.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Are you doing a double NAT by chance? When you say "Comcast Gateway" but then WNR2000V2 . . . ??? Is there a firmware update? Is the WAN IP address on the Netgear 192.168.x.x or 24.x.x.x ???

dfiel

Reaction score
atsak
There is a double NAT, but the Comcast Gateway is set to forward all data. It is confirmed working. But as I have found, that isnt the issue.

lgaetz randy7376
It turns out that my router did have a SIP ALG setting, buried under Advanced Options --> WAN Settings --> SIP ALG.

The issue is now resolved, and I have marked the topic as such. I'd like to thank all of you who helped.

Thanks for Everything,
Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.