NEED MORE INFO New Install - vitelity trunk does not work.

Tiger_Paws

Banned
Reaction score
I put in the info from the old trunks, and it does not function.
I updated everything on the system, everything.

It is on the raspbery pi 2, latest install and everything.

Is this experimental only?
Should I just give up and use a big server instad?

Would a intel atom board work?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-05-09 at 9.44.42 PM.TIF.jpg
    Screen shot 2015-05-09 at 9.44.42 PM.TIF.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 15
Reaction score
Patience....... sometimes it's best to walk away from these things and then come back to them. It's so easy to miss something.

Are you saying you can't make or receive calls. Symptoms? Sounds? Have you looked at the CLI to see if incoming calls are actually getting to your PI?

I assume the trunks were working on your previous system. Have you adjusted for any changes in IP addresss.

Tiger_Paws

Banned
Reaction score
I typed in what it told me from the nerdvittles page for piaf, it said to use that image so I did, it booted,
and I used the install script that it told me, and it installed as far as I know.

I updated also the kennonsoft thing that when u first log in, and it updated far as I know.

Then I logged in and it had me set the main password for admin, done.

Then I went to the pre defined trunk for Vitelity, and entered the info from the trunk
from the old machine, and tried to make a call from the Vitelity trunk, and it don't go thru.

I have some questions about that, because on the old machine piaf vite had us make
2 truhks, outgoing and incoming, I was confused at first, so I abandoned the old method
and put in the info in the new trunk, what it ask for, and it don't work.
what do I do? What do I put in?

Tiger_Paws

Banned
Reaction score
Patience....... sometimes it's best to walk away from these things and then come back to them. It's so easy to miss something.

Are you saying you can't make or receive calls. Symptoms? Sounds? Have you looked at the CLI to see if incoming calls are actually getting to your PI?

I assume the trunks were working on your previous system. Have you adjusted for any changes in IP addresss.

yes calls are working on old (current system), and I am afraid if that machine breaks, we will be totally without phone service
for weeks, months who knows, until I get another machine up and running who knows how long it will take me to get understanding
the new software???

How long do you suggest walking away before I come back? How this is how long I will be without phone serbicve.
I cannot make or receive, the CLI looks like it is trying a bunch of other trunks that I Did Not put in, I did not sutbscribe
to voip.ms or whatever I only have vitelity, localphone.com, and flowroute as my providers, and when vietelity did not
work, I just don't understand why it won't work, I put in the info as I showed in my first post, internet works, power is on,
machine boots up, so wtf??

I don't get it.

Reaction score
sometimes hours (have lunch and then come back) sometimes a day or two. Ward would know better but I assume the PI install has preloaded vendors for trunks. If you have no need for other providers then delete those entries. Focus on incoming or outgoing but not both at the same time. If you have your routes set up and you try to make a call what happens?

When you switch from the old to the new install you have to change the settings on your router to point to the new install. Try to compare the CLI on an incoming or outgoing call between the old and new system.

Remember to set the setting on the PI install that tells it what your external IP address is.....

Tiger_Paws

Banned
Reaction score
Ok. The trunks reguister, but I cannot dial out.
I dial a 9 for local numbers on our current machine,
but it don't work. obi box syays 'rejected by the serbice procider"
and I know it is registering with the server, I cheicked.

Tiger_Paws

Banned
Reaction score
What do I put in?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-05-11 at 12.13.59 PM.TIF.jpg
    Screen shot 2015-05-11 at 12.13.59 PM.TIF.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 16

dghundt

Guru
Reaction score
Normally for voip you have to provide them with 11 digits.
If you dial "9" + 7 digits for local, you would match it with an outbound route, strip the 9, then send it to your voip trunk.
The voip trunk would match the 7 digits then add the 1 + area code. Now you have all 11 digits going to the voip trunk.

Try placing the call while running asterisk -r on putty. This will show you what's happening from start to finish.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.