FYI New Incredible PBX on Ubuntu 14 Issue

Reaction score
Good evening! I have just installed Incredible PBX on a local Ubuntu 14 VM. After installing per the instructions (30 Minutes to Paradise), I have the following issues:

1. IPv6 is broken. I verified that IPv6 worked before I ran the Incredible script. The Ubuntu box still has IPv6 addresses, but I am unable to ping out or even ping the gateway (which is in the same /64).

2. I cannot get any SIP clients to connect to the new Incredible PBX. I have tried Yate and CSipSimple on Android, both of which worked fine with FreePBX. I get "Error while registering - timeout".

These seem to point to maybe a firewall or iptables issue, but I cannot seem to locate it. Thanks for any help!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
By default, IPv6 is locked down to prevent access other than from localhost. If you know what you're doing, you can adjust it to meet your requirements. But we do not yet support IPv6.

The other alternative is to run your server behind an IPv6-compatible, hardware-based firewall with no Internet port exposure. Then you could turn off IPtables.

Reaction score
OK about the IPv6. I can just disable it in sysctl.conf so it stops trying.

Not sure about why I can't get any of my SIP softphones to connect yes...

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
Incredible has Travelin Man built in and locks the iptables rules down to the IP of the box and the machine that set it up along with the 10, 127 and 192.168 non-routable subnets. Check that first.

Reaction score
OK. Presently doing a clean install for other reasons, then I will check that out. Thank you!

One issue with locking down IPv6 before the end of the install script is that the script stalls at several of the later steps as apt tries to resolve the IPv6 address of some of the sources. It make the total install time closer to one hour than 30 minutes.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
One issue with locking down IPv6 before the end of the install script is that the script stalls at several of the later steps as apt tries to resolve the IPv6 address of some of the sources. It make the total install time closer to one hour than 30 minutes.

You're on an IPv6 network. As I said, this product is not designed (yet) to support IPv6. You can open up IPv6 easily (as long as you provide your own security mechanism). Just change INPUT DROP to INPUT ACCEPT in /etc/iptables/rules.v6. Then iptables-restart.

Twilight Sparkle

https://voip.ms/en/invite/MjM2MjQ4
Reaction score
so is there away to check if ipv6 is secrured or not?.... is there away to test this

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.