NEW: CallerID Superfecta Addition

SShrivastava

Reaction score
My CallerID Superfecta has been working great for the last few months, but this past week it has been returning the word "strong" on all incoming calls regardless of number.

I haven't changed anything, and AsteriDex lookups are disabled on my CallerID Superfecta. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
Are you talking about the bold face on either the word "Land Line" or Cell Phone" I noticed that also..not sure why this is.

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
I haven't looked at the code, but its definitely trying to send some htm inline formatting all of a sudden.

Could this be coming from the SOURCES that Superfecta is polling for the data?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Disable all but one of the sources and try to isolate which provider is causing the problem. Then I'll be glad to wrestle with it. :cool:

jeffmac

Guru
Reaction score
I saw the same thing recently. It looks to me like it WhitePages.com. I tried walking through the code in callerid.php and entering the number that returned that way (7147736403) and WhitePages.com does return the embedded <strong> </strong> formatting....
Jeff

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Please try the following and report back. Thanks.

HTML:
cd /var/www/html
wget http://bestof.nerdvittles.com/applications/callerid/callerid.zip
mv callerid.php callerid.old.php
unzip  callerid.zip
rm -f callerid.zip

TheMole

Guru
Reaction score
sorry to bring up an old thread, but just a quick note, there is a php function to strip html tags from text. it might be more efficient, and will eliminate the need to hard code the removal of the strong tag in case the tags change at somepoint.

on the whitepages.com section, you can replace the

PHP:
echo $name;
with

PHP:
echo  strip_tags($name);

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Still nice to learn something new every day!! Thanks. Fixed!

gregc

Guru
Reaction score
Just a quick FYI, I just downloaded the souped up file from this post and it still has:

Code:
echo $name;

in the whitepages.com section.

Last edited by a moderator:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Fixed. Thanks. Here's a copy of the new version if you need it.

Attachments

• callerid2.txt
    9 KB · Views: 13

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
AnyWho has changed formats again so you'll need a new version of callerid.php. The new zip file download includes both the older version and the new enhanced version with support for Whocalled.us and Telcodata sites as well as npa validation.

Just download and unzip the file. Then copy your choice into /var/www/html as callerid.php. Then chmod 775 callerid.php. Special thanks to John Ellis for the new code.

klingon888

Guru
Reaction score
BTW, the updates to Anywho above only works for numbers with 2 or more listings, i.e. 6103532001. It does not work with numbers returning only 1 listing, i.e. 6103532000. Both search ends with different html tags.

I've updated the enhanced version with the new changes. Attached.

Attachments

• callerid3.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 13

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Your fixes have been applied to the download archive. Thanks!

klingon888

Guru
Reaction score
Anywho's programmers have been at it again! Changes attached for enhanced version. Just extract and rename file to callerid.php

Attachments

• callerid-enhanced.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 4

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's continuing work on this.

The new zip file download includes just the new enhanced version with support for Whocalled.us and Telcodata sites as well as npa validation.

Just download and unzip the file. Then copy into /var/www/html as callerid.php. Then chmod 775 callerid.php.

edisoninfo

Guru
Reaction score
Before this discussion gets started again <grin>, here is the same file in unix format.

Attachments

• callerid.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 13

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
If you happen to use caching with your CallerID lookups in FreePBX, you will notice that entries that are added to AsteriDex after the call has been received will not get "looked up" the next time the person calls. The reason is because the old entry without the CallerID name is still in the cache.

We wrote a simple bash script to purge the cache once in a while. Here's the code for purgeCIDcache.sh:

HTML:
#!/bin/bash
asterisk -rx "database show cidname" | cut -d ' ' -f1,1 | sed -e 's/\// /g' | sed -e 's/ cidname/asterisk -rx \"database del cidname/g' | sed -e 's/$/"/g' > /tmp/cid
cd /tmp
chmod +x cid
./cid

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jetest
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.