FYI need to change pbx IP, which files should I modify?

voipgkavek

Reaction score
Does anybody know all the places I need to modify after a change in ip address for the pbxinaflash machine?
I installed all in a test network now I want to move the machine
to the official network.
I can think of
netconfig
externip in /etc/asterisk/sip_custom.conf
and the files in tftpboot for the aastra phones.

any other places you can think of?
I use the sending voicemail email through google option, but dont remember if there was an ip involved there.

thanks in advance.
-gk

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
I recommend using Webmin's Network Configuration module instead of netconfig. In my use, it works better/more often. Sometimes netconfig does not work for me. As for the others, what FreePBX version are you using? And what color PIAF?

voipgkavek

Reaction score
Hi Rossiv. This is my setup
Code:
PBX in a Flash Version   = 1.7.5.5                     
FreePBX Version          = 2.8.0.4                     
Running Asterisk Version = Asterisk 1.8.0              
Asterisk Source Version  = 1.8.0                       
Dahdi Source Version     = 2.4.0+2.4.0                 
Libpri Source Version    = 1.4.11.5                    
IP Address               = 192.168.2.98 on eth0        
Operating System         = CentOS release 5.5 (Final)  
Kernel Version           = 2.6.18-194.17.4.el5 - 32 Bit

i dont really use netconfig either, i use the command "system-config-network" which works well from the terminal, i typed netconfig out of habit :)

So what do you suggest I look into to make sure all the locations the IP is referenced change?
thanks,
-gk

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
So you are using Aastra extensions, FreePBX 2.8, and Purple... So go into FreePBX and look at Tools>Asterisk SIP Settings. You should be able to change your IP info there, which SHOULD take care of the Asterisk requirements. Don't think google voicemail needs an IP. Try this and let me know

MyKroFt

Guru
Reaction score
he still need to change ip of the machine 1st, then use the sip settings module if avail.

if ya want to manually edit the box's ip:

Code:
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
for eth0 device, just use nano -w <filename> to edit, change the ip

also if you need to change hostname:

Code:
/etc/sysconfig/network
is the file to edit.

after editing either of these, you can either reboot or /etc/init.d/network restart

the hostname might not update until reboot, in that case you can temp change it by using the hostname <name> command. upon reboot it will change to what has been configured

But there is no use of changing anything in freepbx/asterisk until you get the machines hostname and ip changed 1st.

Myk

voipgkavek

Reaction score
thanks for the suggestions. We've been delayed a few days because of a problem with AT&T not moving some lines for us, but as soon as that happens I will try these suggestions and let you know how they worked.
again, thanks for the help.
-gk

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
I recommend using Webmin's Network Configuration module instead of netconfig. In my use, it works better/more often. Sometimes netconfig does not work for me. As for the others, what FreePBX version are you using? And what color PIAF?

I agree, use Webmin's Network config.

voipgkavek

Reaction score
when you all mention webmin i start to worry, are you referring to anything other than IP/subnet/gateway/dns? is there more to this?
thanks!
-gk

Robert-BCC

Rank amateur
Reaction score
I realize this thread is three years old, but for future users, the webmin interface can be found by pointing your browser at your PIAF server. For example, http://10.0.50.123. After logging in, move the slider from "Users" to "Admin". Then select "Linux Webmin". Then login as root, choose "networking" then "networking configuration" then "network interfaces" then click on "eth0" (or whatever interface you're using) and change the IP address there.

Pjbrown

Reaction score
Thank you, Robert-BCC. Your post on this 3 year old post was actually very helpful to me.
I appreciate you taking the time to update the thread.

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
See my post above as well, Pjbrown. Need to make Asterisk aware of the changes too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.