QUESTION Need Help with SPA-3102

nightstryke

Reaction score
So I went and got a SPA-3102 to use with my PIAF setup as well with a cheap magicjack dongle I had on hand.

I've got 2 voip phones, what I would like to do is setup a shared extension on them to use the PSTN line on the SPA-3102.

Can anyone help me set this up?

billsimon

Reaction score
You'll set up the FXO port (PSTN connection) of the 3102 like a trunk in FreePBX. I configured my 3102 to register back to the PBX--a little unconventional to have a trunk registering to you, but it works well. You don't have to do that if you statically address the 3102 on your LAN.

nightstryke

Reaction score
I have set a static ip in dhcp on my untangle box (router.)

I do need a more in-depth walkthrough if possible.

billsimon

Reaction score
On the 3102:

Admin login -> Advanced, then to the Voice tab and the PSTN Line sub-tab.
  • Line enable = yes
  • NAT, Network, SIP Settings - all should be ok at default if I remember correctly (it's been about 6 years since I set this up)
  • Proxy: the IP address of your PIAF server
  • Register: no, since you are statically addressed
  • In Subscriber Information, set a Display Name and a User ID (perhaps make the User ID the number of the incoming PSTN line). No need for a password or other auth stuff.
Below the SIP and credentials sections is the Dial Plan section. This is important because it tells the device what to do with calls coming in on the PSTN line. Set Dial Plan 1 like this, substituting in your PSTN number. This is also what you'll use to define the Inbound Route in FreePBX.
Dial Plan 1: (S0<:18005551212>)

Leave the others.

To be able to place outbound calls from PIAF through the 3102 to PSTN:
  • VoIP-to-PSTN Gateway: enable.
  • VoIP Caller Auth Method: none.
To pass calls from the PSTN to PIAF:
  • PSTN-to-VoIP Gateway: enable.
  • PSTN caller auth method: none.
Submit all changes and you're done configuring the 3102, assuming you've plugged in the phone line. There might be some tweaks later but this is the basic setup.

On FreePBX:

Create a SIP trunk. Use this as the Outgoing Settings. Leave Incoming Settings section blank.

Trunk name: whatever you want
Code:
type=peer
host=the IP address of the 3102
qualify=4000
context=from-trunk

Create an Inbound Route. Set as the DID the same number you used in the 3102 Dial Plan 1 section. Direct the inbound route to the VoIP extension of your choice, or to an IVR, ring group, etc.

Create an Outbound Route or modify one. Add your new 3102 trunk as the destination to route calls over the PSTN line.

billsimon

Reaction score
Which part? The outbound route? That depends on your system overall. What do you want to route out through the 3102 vs. through your other trunks? If you have specific questions please ask, but without knowing your whole system I can't give you every step.

billsimon

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I just don't understand what you are asking about. Have you set up an Outbound Route before? The part specific to this configuration is to select your 3102 trunk as the destination or one of the destinations. See attached screenshot:

Screen Shot 2014-06-15 at 10.03.22 PM.png

nightstryke

Reaction score
I have set it up, but the thing is I have an ipcomms trunk and I've tried, but I can't seem to get it to dial out through the pstn (SPA-3102.)

nightstryke

Reaction score
Well I've been able to get an incoming call working. But I cannot seem to get the extension to use the spa3102 instead of the ipcomms trunk when dialing out.

I just want incoming and outgoing calls through that extension.

billsimon

Reaction score
And I want to help you. For free, even. So post the log. :) And maybe a screenshot of your Outbound Route, too.

nightstryke

Reaction score
I'm not complaining, i'm just trying to find the right one there's so many in PIAF Green... x_x

nightstryke

Reaction score
Ok I'm using a completely fresh install so I've only got the spa3102 and the PBX connected. I use the settings provided, but cannot dial out. I get a all circuits are busy message.

Also when I call the number of the PSTN it does not route to the pbx extension i have listed it just answers the phone and i get a dial tone.

Edit: Re-did the settings of the SPA3102, now the analog phone connected rings, but the PBX does not pick up the call and route it to the extension.

nightstryke

Reaction score
Ok so i followed FreePBX's guide using these settings for the trunk outgoing:
Code:
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
canreinvite=no
context=from-trunk
dtmfmode=rfc2833
host=192.168.1.101 - Not my host network ip just an example. ;)
incominglimit=1
nat=never
port=5061 ; we use port 5061 rather than 5060
qualify=yes
secret=XXXXXX ; pick a good password
type=friend
username=1-pstn

With these settings I can now dial out! But I cannot receive incoming calls to the routed extension so something's wrong somewhere...

nightstryke

Reaction score
Ok sorry for all the double posting, but I think I figured out what was wrong and have it working for the most part incoming and outgoing. The only issue I have now is when I make an outgoing call, if I call any number that has an auto attendant/IVR I cannot dial any number on it. Actually it would be more descriptive to say that the Dialed Number to navigate an IVR is not being recognized which means there's something wrong with my configuration settings even though it is working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.