I HAVE A DREAM Need Dial Plan Developer - After hours "automated Answering Service"

Do you have doctors or dentists as clients?

• Total voters

jchuby

Reaction score
I have been away from PBXIAF for a while now - I always keep up to date, but I have lost my programming skills from years of disuse.. I still can read, but my mind isnt in it - Probably because I just completed my dental residency.

Anyways... right now there are companys called answering services that for a hefty monthly fee answer your phone at night/off hours and then relay the message.

Essentially: Afterhours -> Forward to Answering-> Pickup: 1) Write down caller ID, 2) ask for name 3) ask for message -> Call you and provide that information.

This feels antiquated and a serious waste of money, when I am sure its not impossible to do with PBXIAF and even log the calling information into a small database that can then be checked every morning too.

So what I would like is:

Call Answered
Message Played: blah its after hours, emergency press 1 now, leave a message 2, if not emergency but would like a doctor callback press 3
1-> Message Blah serious emergency go to ER, otherwise we have your caller id AS <CID>, at the tone please record your name: Beep <name> (Included in the email/text/call should also be the CallerName from CID Lookup; Thank you <name>, at the beep record your message: beep <message>. message: Thank you, we will contact the provider on call and they will get back to you as soon as they can. Please note that it can take up to 12 hours blah blah.

Now on the backend:
All incoming call info logged with the added variables
DATE/TIME/TRUNK,CID, CIDNAME, <name>, <message> Props for having it transcribed by Voice Recognition
Once logged -> Depending on the setting
1 check to see who is on call
2) see what their setting was
a) text them re missed call from blah
b) email them with message attached and transcribed
c) call them and play the message
c1) allow them to call the caller back with the Office Caller ID
d) any of the above combo

If you can think of any other features let me know.
Please let me know how much $$ you think this will cost
Programmer you have 2 options:
1) Ill pay you for the app, I own it and can open source it
2) you own the code, Ill pay you less for the app

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
I can't do this, but if you have no luck here try out freelancer.com. I have always found competent help there (just make sure you pick a coder who has some reputation behind them).

jchuby

Reaction score
alright, i wrote a better description of what I would like to generate... and will go onto Freelancer.com and see if i can find a programmer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.