QUESTION NAT Traversal and Yealink

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Is there any way to get a Yealink phone to work inside a NAT without a STUN server?

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
No, I don't want to set that up. So they're not like every other endpoint out there?

DaveDog

Reaction score
I've got over 100 of them running inside firewalls talking to hosted servers

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
They send the private IP inside the SIP headers though unless you use an ALG . . . or am I missing something?

Reaction score
They send the private IP inside the SIP headers though unless you use an ALG . . . or am I missing something?

Did you figure this out? I've never had any trouble in the past with this as long as setting NAT=YES in the extension config. Recently I started using STUN though as a best practice when I configure new devices just so that in some devices you can set it if it loses connection with the STUN server it reboots. There is a public STUN at stunserver.org if you are just looking not to create one of your own.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I like using the NAT=YES, because sometimes those public STUN servers go down. When they do, that means that your clients will be out of luck. I used to use the public STUN, but now the NAT=YES works very well and I've never had an issue. The YeaLink will auto register anytime your network goes off and then comes back on.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
I always have NAT=yes in the extension config, but ran into a situation lately where it was not working setup that way - one way audio. When I looked at the SIP caps, I only saw the private IP which I assumed was the cause. It was a Telco router and it was old. Using a public STUN server did work, but I hate that for commercial type deployments; I don't really want to run my own but guess might have to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.