TRY THIS Music on hold for internal calls

LesD

Reaction score
I cannot find the setting to control the MoH for internal calls.

All my Inbound and Outbound routes have specific settings other than Default, but internal calls put on hold always plays the Default MoH.

I have looked at the various 'Settings' lists (FreePBX 2.11) but can't find anything. Is this changeable?

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
on asterisk 1.8 (musiconhold_additional.conf) I renamed the default to default1 and then renamed the one I wanted to use for stations to default.
Haven't had the need to try on later releases

LesD

Reaction score
That is cheating! :)

You have left your system using the Default MoH but you have changed the music content of the category called 'Default'.

I want my internal phones to use Category 'Mix1' rather than 'Default'

CoinTos

Reaction score
There was post long ago about changing the MoH internal, don't really have time to search for it so you want to edit the globals_custom.conf under Config Edit module of Freepbx and add the following:

Code:
MOHCLASS = moh-stream

In my case I called my internal stream server moh-stream in Music On Hold module so you want to replace that with whichever one you want to use.

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
Internal (station to station) only uses default MOH class, IIRC

LesD

Reaction score
Thank you CoinTos - that worked just fine.

drmurdoch

Reaction score
Thank you CoinTos - that worked just fine.

Here are some related threads on this issue (in case you need them).

You can set the default for all internal calls, not per extension. The setting is mohclass but I can't remember where it goes.
If you have a different MOH souece for your inbound and outbound then you could add the music that you want to the default MOH and it would be used for all extensions or internal calls placed on hold
This has been covered before recently.
Set MOHCLASS in /etc/asterisk/globals_custom.conf to your desired category.

Okay I figured this one out. Not sure if this is the "right" way to do this, but it's working for me, so here goes the quick 2-step fix:

1) add the following line to the bottom of your globals_custom.conf :
MOHCLASS = stream

2) save & exit and then do an amportal restart & you should be in business. :smile5:

is there a "more correct" way?

More interesting-ness... :smile5:
Okay so I believe I've got my system using the DAHDI timing hardware now for asterisk (Sangoma UT50). Here's this:

Code:
[FONT=Fixedsys]pbx*CLI> module show like timing
Module                        Description                              Use Count
res_timing_dahdi.so            DAHDI Timing Interface                  1       
res_timing_pthread.so          pthread Timing Interface                1       
2 modules loaded[/FONT]
You'll note that something is still hooking into pthread. I believe it's res_musiconhold.c. I get tons of complaints in /var/log/asterisk/full if I try to spin up asterisk with pthread timing disabled (noload=>res_timing_pthread.so). res_musiconhold.c is littered with references to pthread, so I think it needs it enabled. Perhaps Digium did this to avoid the DAHDI timer requirements of yore (they rewrote MeetMe afaik as well for that reason...) Still not sure how to see which asterisk apps are using which timing modules (anyone know how to do that?)

I made one additional "nice" discovery. Streaming MOH was previously NOT working with res_timing_dahdi enabled. I played around with the /etc/asterisk/modules.conf a bit and despite the suggestions of others to make this change:

noload => res_timing_dahdi.so

I instead found that if I commented out those explicit load= commands in the "Ensure that format_* modules are loaded before res_musiconhold" section:

;load => format_mp3.so
;load => res_musiconhold.so

Instead I just allow the modules to load in the order that they normally would, and I can now successfully load DAHDI and also still have working streaming MOH. Hoo-rah! :D
This is with ast 1.8.2-rc1.

While I'm testing Asterisk 1.8, I notice that you no longer have music on hold for parked calls. Has anyone else noticed this? Its happens on my Purple install with or without loading Incredible PBX.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.