I HAVE A DREAM Music On Hold by extension

Reaction score
So today while out driving from job to job I had a thought about how to make PiAF even better.

My thought is that you could somehow assign music on hold category based upon extension.

So that say Jim is the top sales guy for big truck parts. So he would have some sort of special on hold if he were of course to put a customer on hold that did nothing but tell about those specials about big truck parts.

And maybe a quick way to choose for users. So a sys admin could just upload the files and then call from each users desk phone and listen to options such as.

Press 1 for on hold category small engine repair
press 2 for general sales.

etc....

just a thought.

Nathan

jmullinix

Guru
Reaction score
Well, I don't have it working per extension, but I do have it working per DID or ring group.

I have a client with two radio stations in the same facility. When you call the FM station, the hold is a live stream from the FM station. When you call the AM station, you get the live stream from the AM.

I did this with different MOH classes either in the ring group or the inbound route; I don't remember which.

Reaction score
i was aware that you could do that. but I am thinking of something a bit more complicated.

:biggrin5:

Lost Trunk

Guru
Reaction score
The short answer: See this how-to on the FreePBX site.

How to access additional advanced extension options

This shows one way to can set the MoH (and a few other things) on a per-extension basis. Not exactly elegant, but it works.

I had written a longer comment but then realized it kind of hijacked the thread, so will post that elsewhere.

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
The short answer: See this how-to on the FreePBX site.

How to access additional advanced extension options

This shows one way to can set the MoH (and a few other things) on a per-extension basis. Not exactly elegant, but it works.

I had written a longer comment but then realized it kind of hijacked the thread, so will post that elsewhere.

Lost Trunk - Thats a really good tip. I am forever forgetting about the flex built into follow me. I think Ill start thinking of Follow Me as "extended configuration" for the extensions instead.

ChicoCanada

Reaction score
The follow me feature allows for the playing of recordings while the call is ringing the extension, but once the call is placed on hold be the receiver, it plays the system wide default set in the MOH category. Anyway to select a MOH category per extension for when the user places the call on hold?

Cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahee
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.