SUGGESTIONS Multiple PSTN's

nightstryke

Reaction score
Hey guys, I somewhat got the SPA-3102 working, it's a pain in the rear, but I digress. I'm looking at getting another FXO device like the SPA-3102 as I have 3 Lines I'd like to connect to my PBX. So should I purchase more SPA-3102's or should I get an Obi 110?

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Definitely an Obi110. I was never able to get my 3102 to work properly without terrible echo. Have two Obi 110s right now - one between a Mitel non-IP PBX and PIAF, and the other between a TWC EMTA and PIAF.

You may also want to look into a four-port adapter. I think Obi has one of those...

nightstryke

Reaction score
Yeah I looked at the OBi 4 line one, but that's 500 bucks compared to maybe the 40 or 50 a piece for two or three obi 110's. I'm not on any shortage of Ethernet ports since I have a hundred port switch. :D

nightstryke

Reaction score
Yeah I'm kind of on a tight budget. I'm purchasing new phones as well, getting two Grandstream GXP2160's.

nightstryke

Reaction score
I just installed a vega 50 from sangoma. I got it to work with a trixbox article and an elastix article. I'm very happy with the echo cancellation and ease of setup. Much more intuitive than the audocodes I attempted.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150998831716?redirect=mobile

While I'm on a budget, I'll look into that, but can you provide settings for this device with PBX in a Flash/FreePBX?

phonebuff

Guru
Reaction score
FYI -- I have also used the AudioCodes and Sangoma VEGA's and prefer the VEGA product, although documentation and implementation seem to somewhat diametrically opposed to each other..

The TRixbox reference (very old) and some links pointed to by the Sangoma support team do not match the GUI in the box .. Which I have pointed out to them.

On the other hand I did not have to go through multiple iterations of Hoop jumping to get current code for the box I bought through a distributor.

===================

nightstryke

Reaction score
If I get a Vega 50 with 8 FXO Ports, I'm going to need some serious help with FreePBX 2.11 that I have configured with PBX in a Flash.

rjaiswal

Reaction score

nightstryke

Reaction score
Depending on how much they charge for a support contract that's not in the budget. :(

nightstryke

Reaction score
Well I went ahead and bought that listing rjaiswal mentioned earlier. So I'm going to attempt the configurations for it, I think I'll stick with the email support for now as I mostly figured out the SPA3102, though since I got this I'm going to ditch the SPA3102. :D

rjaiswal

Reaction score
Well I went ahead and bought that listing rjaiswal mentioned earlier. So I'm going to attempt the configurations for it, I think I'll stick with the email support for now as I mostly figured out the SPA3102, though since I got this I'm going to ditch the SPA3102. :D

I'm going back to that client next week and download the config and post it for you.

nightstryke

Reaction score
Ok got the Vega 50, having a bit of trouble getting it setup.
I may need someone to walk me through the setup of the Vega 50. I have a several PSTN lines that I would like to hook up, the thing is I do not have DSL I am running off of the highest tier Comcast Business Class Cable Internet.
My Router is a older tri-core x64 pc running untangle.
And I have a 24-Port Unmanaged Gigabit Switch connected to Untangle.

rjaiswal

Reaction score
Ok got the Vega 50, having a bit of trouble getting it setup.
I may need someone to walk me through the setup of the Vega 50. I have a several PSTN lines that I would like to hook up, the thing is I do not have DSL I am running off of the highest tier Comcast Business Class Cable Internet.
My Router is a older tri-core x64 pc running untangle.
And I have a 24-Port Unmanaged Gigabit Switch connected to Untangle.

Still haven't gone back to the client to download the configuration. Did you go through the elastix article? That should get you up and running.

Did you configure the Vega's IP address?

nightstryke

Reaction score
That's just it, I am having problems with getting it setup for some reason the LAN 1 and LAN 2 when connected to my switch freaks my switch out.

phonebuff

Guru
Reaction score
Just use Lan 1 -- It should get a DHCP and then you can access the GUI --

=======================================================

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abuhyder
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.