NO JOY Multiple Parking Lots SOLVED

cjonesmo

Reaction score
I struggled with this a bit and the documentation is VERY poor, but this is relatively easy to do once you understand how it works. I thought I would post to share the simple solution to multiple parking lots on Asterisk 1.6.

First, in features_general_custom.conf create your new parking lot:

[parkinglot_pt]
parkpos=7011-7019
context=parkinglot_pt
parkingtime=45
pickupexten=*8

THEN, for each extension that you want to use this parking lot, add the following to sip_custom_post.conf:
[2000](+)
parkinglot=parkinglot_pt

Once this is done, when the extension dials the parking lot extension (i.e. 7000 in my case - changed from the default 70), they will get a parking slot starting with 7011. SIMPLE.

If the PIAF team will simply add the "parkinglot" parameter to the extensions config page and allow for the addition of multiple parking lots on the GUI, this will be a lot simpler, but this is an easy solution for the time being.

I hope this helps some others from pulling their hair out on multiple parking lots on 1.6 - it's not well documented yet, but it DOES WORK!!

Thanks,
Chris Jones
BlueWave MTG, Inc.
http://www.bluewavecorp.com

cjonesmo

Reaction score
One more little trick

One more little trick to make life simpler - if you add the parkinglot SIP veriables to /var/www/html/admin/modules/core/functions.inc.php as follows, then at least the parking lot setting for the extension will get added to sip_additional.conf so that you don't have to use sip_additional_post.conf:

array($account,'parkinglot',(isset($_REQUEST['parkinglot']))?$_REQUEST['parkinglot']:''),

$tmparr['parkinglot'] = array('value' => '', 'level' => 1);

You'll have to look at the file to see where they go - just search for "canreinvite" and you'll figure it out. As for adding the multiple parking lots to the parking lot pages, someone else will have to tackle that one...oh and don't forget to add hints into extensions_custom.conf for each lot slot.

Thanks for whoever wrote this though - it's a lifesaver!

CJ

dougz

Reaction score
Need a little help

I have the main parkinglot at 9000. With 5 parking spaces.

I am trying to setup a second parkinglot starting at 9011-9019

I followed your steps including functions.inc.php (I did not change sip_custom_post.conf).

** features_general_custom.conf:
[parkinglot_pt]
parkpos=9011-9013
context=parkinglot_pt
parkingtime=45
pickupexten=*8

** /var/www/html/admin/modules/core/functions.inc.php:
array($account,'parkinglot',(isset($_REQUEST['parkinglot']))?$_REQUEST['parkinglot']:''),

$tmparr['parkinglot'] = array('value' => '', 'level' => 1);

** extension_custom.conf:
[parkinglot_pt]
include => parkedcalls
exten => 9011,hint,park:9011@parkinglot_pt
exten => 9012,hint,park:9012@parkinglot_pt
exten => 9013,hint,park:9013@parkinglot_pt

I have an extension "7227" in the parkinglot field in PBX gui I added "parkinglot_pt"

From extension 7227 when I dial 9000 all I hear is "9,0,0,1" not the "9,0,1,1" I would expect.

What step did I miss?

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
The parking lot is sequential. If you used 9000 for the main parking lot, the first parking lot extension would be 9001. If you wanted it to be 9011, then the main parking lot extension should be 9010

rick

Reaction score
Solution needed for multiple parking lots

Was able to setup a second parking lot but can not retrieve the call. What is the solution?

wolverin0

Reaction score
Hi...
Can't make this work... could you explain in detail?
Thanks in advance!

wolverin0

Reaction score
I know this thread is old, but I see that there are problems even with Asterisk 1.8

My two test extensions are: 3000 and 4000

When I park a call with 700 (my default parkedcalls number) it ALWAYS goes to 9011, no matter if I park from 4000 or 3000; so multi is not working

This is my setup, could someone point me whats wrong?

parkedcalls.png

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
I have not had luck with the above for FreePBX 2.11. I am just looking to setup an additional parking lot for only a few certain extensions to park to, Anyone know of a better how to?

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.