QUESTION multiple DIDs on Flowroute - force call to use specific one?

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
I have a flowroute account with 4 DIDS - two in NJ and two in CA.
I'd like to have specific calls use specific DIDS, but I'm not sure how since my outbound route is still tied to my flowroute account (which doesn't differentiate in its setup).

Example
if I dial 18001234567 I would like to use NJ DID 1
if I dial 618001234567 I would like to use NJ DID 2
if I dial 718001234567 I would like to use CA DID 1
and if I use an 8 preface, use CA DID2

Is this as simple as creating 4 identical trunks in freepbx and setting the callerID to the correct DID and then in my outbound route setting the correct dial pattern and pointing to that trunk?

Does this actually USE the DID or just set (i.e. 'fake') the callerID and use whatever DID it uses?

If I actually want to USE the correct DID, how do I go about this in flowroute?

Thanks much.

Andrew

Reaction score
Your not really "using" a DID. The DID is just a path into your server over a trunk. You need to set up outbound routes that select trunks that utilize the callerid's that represent you DID's. So, the outbound routes select trunks with different caller id's that get sent to Flowroute. There is no connection between the incoming DID numbers and what is sent out. Some carriers only let you send callerid's that represent your DID numbers or numbers you can prove you have access to.

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
So, my statement/question "Is this as simple as" is a yes. Thanks.

Andrew

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.