TIPS Multi destination number in trunk and freepbx possible?

Christian1980

Reaction score
Hello,
can someone explain me how to configurate a multi destination number?
The same destination number (for example number 129) has to be inside of the freepbx and is existing with number 129 in the trunk.
If i create a ring group or a extension with this number 129, i dont know how to forward the call to the external trunk for parallel ringing at the same time.

Thanks.
Christian

Reaction score
Are you asking how to make an internal extension ring the same time as calling a external number so either can answer?

If so you can use a ring group and put the extension(s) you want to run and the number you want to dial out and ring at the same time, the phone number you are dialing needs to end with a # symbol. For example if I created ring group say called 1000 and in it I wanted to ring extension 100 and dial 5555555555 I would have

5555555555#

under the extension list.

BeerCan

Guru
Reaction score
Or perhaps a followme setup with ringall strategy?

Christian1980

Reaction score
Thanks.
Creating a ring group "129" with the number "1290#" in the extension list did it.
Our alcatel pbx is accepting the call with the additional "0" too.
Only "129#" was not possible, freepbx is not saving it, because its the number of the ring group itself.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.