TRY THIS More than one pbx on same network

tritron

Reaction score
At home I run pfsense for firewall. I have one pbx box working fine now I setup second piaf and now I can get connected to voip.ms sub account I get timeout registration. Any tips on opening second port 5060 to another ip address ?

Dave Gray

Guru
Reaction score
How are you routing to the existing PBX? If you're port forwarding, you can't reliably connect on the same port, the firewall won't know where to send the packets. You'll make your life simpler to set the second pbx on, say, 5061 and route that to it.

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Additionally, PIAF forwards/gets the RTP packets from the router/firewall - I think this is generally ports 10K-20K; you'll need to split this segment and send 'enough' to each and then edit the configs to recognize that PIAF(a) uses 10K-15K and PIAF(b) uses 15001-20K, for example.

For a short time, I had my PC PIAF machine and an RPi running simultaneously (using OpenWRT, not pfsense) and it worked without issue.

Andrew

matthew

Guru
Reaction score
Alternatively, put your subaccount on the first PIAF, SIP trunk the two together, and route the call over to the second PIAF.

synack

Guru
Reaction score
if your sip provider supports IAX2, you can go with that as well. I prefer it over SIP myself. Only 1 port to worry about over the 10,000 - 20,001 that SIP wants.
With the added benefit of most firewalls not recognizing IAX2 traffic and "fixing" the voip traffic for you and totally messing things up in the process.

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
(Another vote for IAZ2 if usable in your application. I use it whenever I can.)

But, to your question and to add to what is covered above, you need to use a different SIP Listen Port on the second PBX. It's inside your network so that's easy. And I assume it is similarly easy to have VoIP.MS talk on a different SIP port. And, yes, also configure a separate RTP range. Use the opportunity to reduce the huge range from the default if you don't need it (which you don't if the PBX is for SoHo use).

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.