TIPS More kernel-devel fun...

Baylink

Guru
Reaction score
Ward is pointing people to an updated version of the piaf-3 install process which has a patch for the unavailablity of kernel-devel.

That version is still not working for me.

The kernels which the CentOS installer left me are
2.6.32-504.1.3.el6.i686
and
2.6.32-431.el6.i686, with no build numbers,

and there isn't a matching kernel-devel for either at the pbone mirror. There are a lot of other 2.6.32-431's, but all have build versions, and there are no -504's there at all.

I assume this is a blocker on the install; any other suggestions? Are these not the kernels I should have expected to be installed?

Baylink

Guru
Reaction score
#centos points out that "that's not intended as a devel ISO" and I should upgrade it.

For the record: yum -y upgrade did not help.

Baylink

Guru
Reaction score
Aha!

*Doing* the upgrade pushed me to 6.6; there's a -devel there that matches.

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
Hi Baylink,

I'm currently installing piaf3 using centos 6.6, I tend to run yum -y update first before using the script, I'm then intending to run this on top of it to see if it works: http://nerdvittles.com/?p=6072

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Baylink: Ditch the 32-bit install and stick with 64-bit. It works there. And RedHat is phasing out the 32-bit releases anyway.

Baylink

Guru
Reaction score
And, to the extent that I am on 64-bit hardware, that's a serviceable answer. But it still wouldn't have solved this problem, which requires trying to pull the kernel-devel update from the proper directory.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.