TIPS [SOLVED] Module "phpMyAdmin" "SysInfo" "ConfigEdit" unsigned.

Shadowfire

Reaction score
Upgrade modules in Module Admin and had module unsigned issues in dashboard of FreePBX.
You have 3 unsigned modules
Module "phpMyAdmin" is unsigned and should be re-downloaded
Module "Sys Info" is unsigned and should be re-downloaded
Module "ConfigEdit" is unsigned and should be re-downloaded
Tried to fix it with the following link and info and my own thought process:
http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/F2/Module Signing
I also went back in to Module Admin and clicked on Repository Extended and found the modules - uninstalled them and re-installed them - applied changes..
No dice!
Can anyone point me to a better solution that will allow a fix?
Thanks,
-SF-

SkykingOH

Guru
Reaction score
Those are all old trixbox modules (well I should say we're part of the trixbox distro).

Whoever is distributing them should sign them as a third party unsupported module. When I say unsupported I mean from the core FreePBX repo.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
SkykingOH obviously knows the history, but...

For the sake of those new to FreePBX 12, let me be clear. These were open source modules as are huge chunks of code that now reside in almost all of the so-called Asterisk distributions. No sane person would sign, vouch for, and indemnify Sangoma with a blank check for unlimited legal expenses in order to make the nasty warning messages go away in FreePBX 12. That is especially true for code developed by others who have long ago left the open source community.

For more background, start here. If you want the quick fix, go here or do the following:

Just simply run the below command. You will lose the ability to have "secured" modules of course... (but we are past that right?)

Here's the command:
/var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx_setting SIGNATURECHECK 0

I'll make the pot even sweeter for you. Here's a cron(tab) walkthrough (you'll want to do this as root for obvious reason, firstly so freepbx cant stop it, if they ever decide to do so) that will reset the setting every 15 minutes. You could even set it to */1 for every one minute but I think that's a little excessive

Run:
crontab -e

Add:
*/15 * * * * /var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx_setting SIGNATURECHECK 0 > /dev/null 2>&1

Save!

Why do we have to run it every 15 minutes? Well because the setting gets reset when you upgrade/install any module, so just to be safe you just run it every 15 min or so. You could run it manually as well after every module update but wheres the fun in that...

SkykingOH

Guru
Reaction score
Yes, these are Popular Open Source programs used for many purposes.

As far as the signing process being onerous I will steer clear of that debate.

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
Upgrade modules in Module Admin and had module unsigned issues in dashboard of FreePBX.
You have 3 unsigned modules
Module "phpMyAdmin" is unsigned and should be re-downloaded
Module "Sys Info" is unsigned and should be re-downloaded
Module "ConfigEdit" is unsigned and should be re-downloaded
Tried to fix it with the following link and info and my own thought process:
http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/F2/Module Signing
I also went back in to Module Admin and clicked on Repository Extended and found the modules - uninstalled them and re-installed them - applied changes..
No dice!
Can anyone point me to a better solution that will allow a fix?
Thanks,
-SF-

If you will never use those 3 modules, you can delete them with no risk

Shadowfire

Reaction score
Well thanks guys for the replies and thanks Ward for the background. Nice to have something to follow the thought process of where things went.

I don't really use phpMyAdmin for Asterisk. But the other ones are useful in my opinion. Is there something that took their place in the new version of Asterisk 12? Just curious... I am not interested in frustrating anyone... just interested in knowing of tools that help you to get the full view of your system.

Thanks guys!

-SF-

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.