FOOD FOR THOUGHT Mitel 5320

Dave Griff

Reaction score
Hi there Guys, I have 2 of these phones but iam baffled as how to get them working with PIAF
They are in SIP mode and any of the setting I try from the phone just wont work.

As for the GUI, All i get is this...

Mitel SIP Phone

Please select and download your language.

Choose you language
English Franch German Dutch Spanish​
Enter your t*f*t*p Server IP address

Hope there is some help out there.

Many thanks in advance. :mad2:

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
I noticed that same page when I tried to get my 5324 to run SIP. I've only successfully used 5224s over SIP. I gave up and hooked my 5324 over MiNet to another office with a Mitel controller.
I'll look on Mitel OnLine (support portal) and see if I can dig up anything.

Dave Griff

Reaction score
Many thanks, i'll wait with baited breath. It's just mocking me with "No Proxy Configured"

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Doing a quick search on the Google, I came across a forum thread that has the same issue. Apparently the SIP FW isn't pre-loaded on the 5324s. Looks like you just need to download the SIP firmware from the link in the thread and flash it over t*f*t*p through the web interface.

CoinTos

Reaction score
Welcome to the hell that is Mitel.

It can be done at least I got it work on my 5340. First off the only way to get the firmware on your phone from the post that rossiv has pointed to is through t*f*t*p update that is not initiated at the web gui.

So you need a at least MN_Generic and MN_mac configs edit them so they look for firmware at t*f*t*p where you extracted the above mentioned files (tftpboot base folder) and reboot the phone. it will read the t*f*t*p config and downgrade your phones to mitel 1.0something and sip 7.something with full gui. You on your own on the rest of the pbxinaflash stuff since I haven't had enough time to continue putting my 5340 in service.

References I used was the one posted above and this.

Good luck.

Dave Griff

Reaction score
Many thanks Gentlemen, I think i have bitten off more than etc... I have just delved into narnia (t*f*t*p) Looks like i will have to get my head round this before i dip my toes into Mitel Hell. :eek: Why cant it be as simple as the two 5312's GUI. Thanks again for your assistance in getting me this far. A quick fix is not on the cards for me :nopity:

Reaction score
Although t*f*t*p is daunting to the uninitiated, I ventured into the world of this when setting up Cisco 7941's. If you think the Mitel handsets are bad, try Cisco handsets - now there's lots of advice and they're even in Endpoint Manager. A year ago I was almost on my own and had the work of config files that had to be precise to the nth degree. t*f*t*p is actually quite simple as is flashing firmware, usually what you'll need to do is set up a t*f*t*p server (tftp32 software is available for Windows that will do this), then get the related firmware and config files you need (should all be out there to download), edit your config file so it looks for the t*f*t*p server in the right place, reboot your phone and it'll do the work automatically.

If you know what you're doing, this is less than a half hour job. If you don't but you're technically minded it's about an hour job. If you struggle it's a few hours - but easily achievable.

Dave Griff

Reaction score
Thanks snarpatroid for the encouragement. Its funny i put the mitel to one side (for sanity sake) and tried to set up a cisco 7960. Oh what joy! I will persevere. Off to work, i will have another bash at it tonight. Thanks again

Dave Griff

Reaction score
Im close..... I have been tinkering with the end point config and i now get *NO REG* Also i get "address incomplete" instead of no proxy configured.

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
*NO REG* means it's not registering/not able to register to PIAF. Address Incomplete sounds like it is erroring out when sending the digits. Are they on the same LAN as eachother?

Dave Griff

Reaction score
Mmm no they arn't. But i have a 5312 and a cisco spa504g on the same LAN. But i guess im close to it working?

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Yes, close. How are the LANs connected? Are you registering over the internet, VPN, or something else?

Dave Griff

Reaction score
raspbx upstairs plugged into a quidway 24 port router, the phone is on a TP-link PoE switch linked to the same BT home hub the raspbx is on. All my phones are linked this way.

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Oh, I thought by
MMM no they aren't
you meant they were on different LANs. Apologies. Did you configure it in the web interface?

Reaction score
Why have you got the Quidway router? You could have a conflict as you're effectively running two routers on the same LAN if you're also running the Home Hub, I'm not sure this will 100% fix things but I think you need to be turning your Quidway to switch mode only if this is possible, let your hub do the routing.

Dave Griff

Reaction score
:oops: Sorry Rossiv, i think i have muddled things up here. All phones and pbx are in the same place. I have a mix of switches that i use for distribution. I have took the quidway out and cabled 2 PoE phones a GigB link from the hub to an avaya PoE switch. From the Home hub that links to a netgear FS105 switch of that feeds the TP-Link PoE switch where my pc is and the Mitel 5320. Also off the tp-link i have the afore mentioned cisco and 5312. Hope that makes a difference. Seems messy but i cant run cables all over the house.

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
So you have configured the SIP settings in the Mitel's web interface. Does Asterisk show any registration attempts?

Dave Griff

Reaction score
The 5320 has no GUI, its all via the endpoint config. It would be so much easier if it did. I was using the File Configurations for: MN_Generic.cfg and File Configurations for: MN_$mac.cfg What's the command to check the reg attempts?

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Reboot the phone and watch asterisk -vvvr for anything with the word Register or Registration or Registered in it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.