DEAL Mitel 5224 - $32 Shipped on eBay

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
I was hunting for some other Mitel parts, and came across this awesome deal on eBay. Dual Mode Mitel 5224 (used, but cleaned) with new DESI paper, handset, and all for $32 shipped. If you want one that's in slightly better condition, you can get it for $47 shipped.

I use Mitel 5224s in my house, and I love them. Especially the speakerphone. Add provisioning with Commercial EPM, and this is a no-brainer. Of course, you can also manually provision them through the web interface. Very easy to do.

mitel_5224_VOIP_handset.jpg

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
That's all I run in my house as well. Can't beat the sound quality and play with NAT very well if you need to run them remotely. My opinion may be biased since I worked at Mitel when these phones were developed. :)

Reaction score
Soo...how do you get these to boot up so they can be configured for SIP?
I found a post on what to set the DHCP options to so it wouldn't sit and give the error about Option 128 missing, and the now phone partially boots and then "L2 and Boot download err" then "Main unavailable, resetting phone" and reboots.

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
You are booting in MiNet mode, no need to worry about Option 128 once it's in SIP.

To switch to SIP mode.....crap....I forget. Hold down * during the boot?

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
I just hold down the down arrow key on boot and go to phone mode and choose sip.

Reaction score
Thanks! After poking and prodding and searching and breaking things I've got it up and running.
A few notes for anyone else not familiar with these:
Hold Up and Down during boot to bring up the menu so you can change mode/reset to defaults, etc.

Default accounts:
admin/5224 (took me a while to find this)
user/hello (in the user's guide)

Note the sip user password length limit of 20 characters!

I had a bit of trouble getting everything happy, but after removing some things (like the http server setting in network config), and getting the other settings all pointing to my internal servers correctly, it's up and running.
I don't know where I'll deploy it, but at least I have it working now. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahee
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.