Mitel 5220 (BLF and hard reset)

rjvvliet

Guru
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know how to Hard reset a Mitel 5220 Phone, i have a problem with some key programming witch i cannot change, looks like te config is messed up. i got a key that displayes '29' in the and no matter how i change it it stays that, it the second phones this happens on.

I tryed config reset to Fact. Defaults and also tryed uploading a edited config through the Web page to no avail.

the phone is just upgraded to FW7 (in order 4,5,6,7) from Firmware 1.0

Can someone confirm that BLF on the phone only works with inuse/not inuse signalling of the remote extension and not when extension is Ringing ( the button light does not blink)I have BLF tested with firmware 7.2 and 8 .

Thanks,
Richard

rjvvliet

Guru
Reaction score
Whow, i love the reply speed in this forum.....

Thanks for the link, phone is rebooting as i type.....

I do have another question, could you or someone explain if setting the phones Advanced SIP features ON would benefit whe using it aith asterisk, i could only find references to the use of BLA and SCA with other servers but nothing ion features in use with asterisk.

I'am asking because the manual says there is no way back after this change so its not a simple try and find out. :biggrin5:

Regards,
Richard

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
BLF works, but at least for me it is either BLF or incoming calls, not both on the 4 5224s I have tried. Additionally, they only showed In-Call or idle.
No, netither the BLA or SCA will benefit with Asterisk.
You can try holding down the "down" arrow key then plugging in the power, press * to configure, hit # for no until you get to reset defaults. That will put it in MiNet mode. Follow the same procedure, but select Phone Mode and change to SIP to get back to default SIP config.

rjvvliet

Guru
Reaction score
thanks for all the respone, the hard reset has worked and and i'am able to program the function keys now.
i do have tho say the reset gave me a nice suprise.... i now have yahoo RSS feed on my Idle sreen as a present :D

Indeed the BLF is only signally call status, and not ringing, it's a shame that the phone and asterisk does not benefit from using the advanced SIP mode.

regards,
Richard

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Yep. You can remove it by going into the web interface and changing it somewhere...can't remember where though. Listed as idle display text or some such.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.